The Student Room Group

A Levels

So I’ve been doing past papers and I can’t seem to manage to get more than a B (around 45-49%)? But for my end of topics tests I manage to get around more than 80%. How do I turn the Bs into As for A level Chemistry AQA and A level Biology AQA?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
how are you using your past papers? No point doing them, marking them and then leaving them aside. I recommend doing a paper, mark and reflect by picking out topics you got wrong , use yt videos, Flashcards and your notes to clarify these topic and then do topic directed questions before doing another past paper

Hope that helps!
Reply 2
Original post by s_m2222
how are you using your past papers? No point doing them, marking them and then leaving them aside. I recommend doing a paper, mark and reflect by picking out topics you got wrong , use yt videos, Flashcards and your notes to clarify these topic and then do topic directed questions before doing another past paper

Hope that helps!

What he said is right. You gotta use your papers as a guide to fill any content gaps that you don't know. Ask your teachers / peers for help if you do not understand that question. All the best.
Original post by KH29
What he said is right. You gotta use your papers as a guide to fill any content gaps that you don't know. Ask your teachers / peers for help if you do not understand that question. All the best.

she* 😂
I know the content, and The topics I struggled with I go over and do end of topics questions for that topic. But the thing I struggle with is application questions especially for Biology. I don’t get how to solve them without looking at the mark scheme if that makes sense.
Original post by KH29

I know the content, and The topics I struggled with I go over and do end of topics questions for that topic. But the thing I struggle with is application questions especially for Biology. I don’t get how to solve them without looking at the mark scheme if that makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest