Turning points AQA Physics A level

Watch this thread
cata03
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
anyone doing turning points aqa - are you revising things that aren't on the advance information? we've skipped out parts of the course that aren't on there but now i'm worried i shoud learn them in case the advance infomation was not completely accurate?
chiefkeeff
Badges: 9
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cata03)
anyone doing turning points aqa - are you revising things that aren't on the advance information? we've skipped out parts of the course that aren't on there but now i'm worried i shoud learn them in case the advance infomation was not completely accurate?
our school have done the same, but I've tried to teach myself the rest of the topics... I found yt really helped (science shorts especially)
usually, there are 4 questions in the Turning Points section... we have been told 3 topics so it's very likely that there will be a 4th question that hasn't been given in the advanced info..... I think the 4th question will be on the 2nd topic (wave-particle duality stuff) as waves has been taken out of the main papers
Last edited by chiefkeeff; 1 month ago
cata03
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by chiefkeeff)
our school have done the same, but I've tried to teach myself the rest of the topics... I found yt really helped (science shorts especially)
usually, there are 4 questions in the Turning Points section... we have been told 3 topics so it's very likely that there will be a 4th question that hasn't been given in the advanced info..... I think the 4th question will be on the 2nd topic (wave-particle duality stuff) as waves has been taken out of the main papers
Yeah that is such a good point i forgot there were 4 questions - after hearing about the AS and GCSE AQA papers i can't help but not trust AQA's advance info. I think I'll watch some of the yt videos and do a few questions but I'll focus much more on the advance info. If anything else comes up I'd guess it probably wouldn't be too hard and a considerable amount of people wouldn't have revised it at all.
chiefkeeff
Badges: 9
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cata03)
Yeah that is such a good point i forgot there were 4 questions - after hearing about the AS and GCSE AQA papers i can't help but not trust AQA's advance info. I think I'll watch some of the yt videos and do a few questions but I'll focus much more on the advance info. If anything else comes up I'd guess it probably wouldn't be too hard and a considerable amount of people wouldn't have revised it at all.
yeh thats probs a good idea, tbh i feel like a lot of people weren't taught the stuff which hasnt been mentioned in advanced info, so yeh people will lose marks there and the grade boundaries will be more lenient hopefully. im more worried about paper 3 part A because its hard to revise for that stuff...
Rach_RPD
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
We carried on with the course as normal cause a lot of the multiple choice questions, for example, could be waves which isn’t on the advanced info because it only tells you the question overview worth the highest marks so I think trying to learn maybe the basics of the topics not listed might help with the odd mark here or there which in my case for physics makes a big difference. Good luck with all your exams!!
cata03
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rach_RPD)
We carried on with the course as normal cause a lot of the multiple choice questions, for example, could be waves which isn’t on the advanced info because it only tells you the question overview worth the highest marks so I think trying to learn maybe the basics of the topics not listed might help with the odd mark here or there which in my case for physics makes a big difference. Good luck with all your exams!!
Yes i totally agree with the majority of the course, just wasn't sure about the options part on paper 3 as that doesn't have any multiple choice. I think I'll end up revising all of it at least a little bit, but for now I'm focusing on paper 1

good luck to you too, in all your exams!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads