Ideas of things to do in Edinburgh…

Watch this thread
anaindiemood
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So In a couple of weeks I’m taking my boyfriend to Edinburgh for his birthday however due to a last minute issue the thing we were meant to be doing has been cancelled! I’m devastated because now I have train tickets to Edinburgh but I’m not sure what we’re going to do all day!! We’re both 21 so any ideas of things we could do or good places to stay would be hugely appreciated!! Xx
Last edited by anaindiemood; 1 month ago
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anaindiemood)
So In a couple of weeks I’m taking my boyfriend to Edinburgh for his birthday however due to a last minute issue the thing we were meant to be doing has been cancelled! I’m devastated because now I have train tickets to Edinburgh but I’m not sure what we’re going to do all day!! We’re both 21 so any ideas of things we could do or good places to stay would be hugely appreciated!! Xx
Hi there.

Can't help with your query but happy birthday in advance - hope you both have a great day!
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Happy Birthday
You can always try to watch a cheap family Netflix movie and eat cupcakes. Or you can go to a local high street bookstore or to a free community library. Alternatively you can visit a museum or at a public art gallery. Sip some white wine. Another good option is to explore a garden centre or your national theatre. You can even aim to see a good movie at a nice cinema downtown or aim to learn some new exciting things. Dance to music. See if you can stay at a hotel or go on a road trip. Sit at a bar or in a club. Spend the entire day making art and also take a free nature walk. Have a no cost summer picnic. Or a garden party BBQ style.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Edinburgh Castle, Holyroodhouse, Arthur's Seat, Old Town, New Town, the Royal Mile.
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Basically anything in town is dog unless you're into the whole "Tourist-filled Selfy-Stick Blargathon" that you find these days. I would recommend something more nature-related, like visiting Balerno/Malleny House for example (great for couple photos, btw) or perhaps going to visit North Berwick. Edinburgh itself is overrated (unless you're a barhound/tourist-trap lover.) It is, however, a fine place to start journeys to elswhere.
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I would visit the Edinburgh Castle and Old Town when I am there for a day. There are many sightseeings anyway.
normaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anaindiemood)
There is lots to do in Edinburgh:

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/article...o-in-edinburgh

For places to stay for a reasonable price try Premier Inn, Travelodge, YHAs etc. Other options on booking.com.
Callicious
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by normaw)
There is lots to do in Edinburgh:

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/article...o-in-edinburgh

For places to stay for a reasonable price try Premier Inn, Travelodge, YHAs etc. Other options on booking.com.
Free accommodation also exists- there's a nice bridge here in Musselburgh that currently provides rainproofing for the low-low price of $0,00 a day!
Blue_Cow
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Callicious)
Edinburgh itself is overrated
Completely agree.
rose.clm
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
the camera obscura is great! and it might seem childish but i still would recommend edinburgh dungeons.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
30.23%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (16)
37.21%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.65%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.65%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.98%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.95%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.33%

Watched Threads