The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Maths 19/05

How did everyone find it? Personally i thought it was quite a nice test!
I do A level Maths how closely did it follow the advanced info
Original post by SHO123456
I do A level Maths how closely did it follow the advanced info

They just listed every topic…
Original post by Chessenugget

You must be good at maths 😭
what question did u find the hardest?
My friend did the test (AS is optional at our school) and she said that it was okay too like it was stuff they had revised in class
Original post by starinthenight3
You must be good at maths 😭
what question did u find the hardest?
My friend did the test (AS is optional at our school) and she said that it was okay too like it was stuff they had revised in class

Hardest question was about the triangle, having to prove the polynomial. I think I dropped a mark or two on the show that part

Lucky you, how to do the proofing for the triangle question though, can’t use area of sin rule, is it cos rule?
Original post by timotheehoo
Lucky you, how to do the proofing for the triangle question though, can’t use area of sin rule, is it cos rule?

To get angle θ in the triangle question with the sides all containing X I think you had to use sin rule
To get angle θ in the triangle question with the sides all containing X I think you had to use sin rule

Thanks
How about to show that it is equal to the equation, I’m not sure what it mean, part a
Original post by timotheehoo
Thanks
How about to show that it is equal to the equation, I’m not sure what it mean, part a

You had to use cosine rule for that part
Do any of you guys remember what you got for the rate in decreasing the pressure ?
Original post by eshaya
I believe my answer was -0.2 something something and then went to say it decreases by 0.2..

I also got about -0.2
I also got about -0.2

Me too I thought it was wrong so I flagged it and what question was that cos after that I’m starting to go downhill… wish I practiced my integration more, thought I’m confident in it
Does anyone have pictures of the questions I can see?
Obviously not mate
There used to be unofficial Mark schemes on here?
Original post by qweqworiet
There used to be unofficial Mark schemes on here?

Please use your brain

Quick Reply

Latest