Turn on thread page Beta

Unlucky stuff thats happened to you in your life watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This may sound weird, but I'm trying to get some perspective on my own problem (below), and was wondering this.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=718792
    is mine, i know its probably nowhere near as bad as other peoples, it just annoys me a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Male pattern baldness, inflexibility, Asperger syndrome..

Though being punched in the back and it still hurting sounds worse.

ReputationRep:
    m8 you've got it lucky I was pushed into a metal railing and the hinge cut my head open - no internal damage but visible scar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grant20)
    m8 you've got it lucky I was pushed into a metal railing and the hinge cut my head open - no internal damage but visible scar.
    Oh man, what happened, was it an unprovoked attack?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)

I'm sorry for you
    Thanks for understanding my problem thoyugh

ReputationRep:
    My jaw's out of line after I got attacked by chavs one time. My nose is more crooked than it used to be too. But I'm still sexy.

ReputationRep:
    My aunt killed herself.
    Then my dad killed himself.
    Then my mum got really depressed.
    I have PMDD, and anxiety.
    Then I got kicked out of my house.

But everything's okay now =)
    (Well apart from the panic attacks, meh)

I feel sorry for you though; my grandma hurt her foot years ago, and it hurts her so much now. It's so odd how something so long ago can still really affect our lives. It really sucks, she used to be so active and be able to do anything, and now she can barely walk 20 feet without being in agony. And is pretty depressed and says often how she wants to die. I hope it gets better, maybe you could see a chiropractor or something?

ReputationRep:
    When I was born (by caesarian) the scalpel slipped and almost caught my eye. Got a scar there now. That was fairly unlucky (but also fairly lucky I guess coz I cudda easily been blinded).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gapyear111)
    I'm sorry for you
    Thanks for understanding my problem thoyugh
    No probs. I'm used to 'em, they're not exactly impossible to live with :yep:

(Original post by QuantumTheory)
    My aunt killed herself.
    Then my dad killed himself.
    Then my mum got really depressed.
    I have PMDD, and anxiety.
    Then I got kicked out of my house.
    I thought I had it bad when my uncle effectively killed himself. The cause was officially Hepatitis C, but everyone knows it was self-inflicted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)

ROFL :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh dear, don't talk to me about bad luck.

A few years ago I was sitting in morning school assembly, you know 300 kids sitting the hall, and there was a loose slate on the roof. Come on, 300 kids around me and who'd you think the slate fell down and hit? Me? Yep, got it in one.

I went a bit funny after that. But one good side of it was the compensation from the school. They gave me nice little backhander to keep it out of court, which was nice, but they also sent me and my family on a holiday to Italy for a fortnight.

I had a lovely time. Was amazing for the first 10 days. Anyway, towards the end of this holiday we joined one of those catamaran boat cruise things, and went for a sail on the Mediterranean. Lovely weather, was really enjoying myself.

But at that age I was still a kid really, and you know the little bench that catamarans have that hangs over the back of the boat? Well I was sitting on there, minding my own business, until we hit a really rough rogue wave. I fell of straight into the sea.

At first it wasn't too bad, cos it was hot water, you know. But I was then randomly attacked by a giant squid, which have those razor sharp teeth, and it bit right through my left arm, leaving me close to drowning. Luckily the catamaran had stopped and the captain had seen me fall in. The Italian lifeguard onboard jumped in after me and grabbed me up from under the water by my nose, and ripped both my nostrils off.

So even on holiday I had to spend another few weeks in hospital, which didn't exactly endear me to my family but there you go.

Still, upon full recovery, we eventually left to go home, but we took a train ride instead of the car, to get us back to Milan airport. The weather was still so stuffy and warm, and you know, in Italy the trains have viewing galleries at the back of the train, for you to stand on and admire the scenery.

So, as the adventurous kid I was, I decided to admire the view from the back of the train, enjoying the nice sunshine and country breeze through my hair, you know. Then, all of a sudden, the train stopped and I went flying over the side, landing on the track. Before I could regain my senses another train come right up behind it and couldn't slow down, and ended up slicing both my ankles off.

And the irony is, and I blame Thatcher, that when I did eventually come home to Blighty, my first day back at school, crossing the road, what happened? I got run over by an ambulance.

I think I must be the most unluckiest person in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    My jaw's out of line after I got attacked by chavs one time. My nose is more crooked than it used to be too. But I'm still sexy.
    Oh man

What do you think when you're eating or doing something and your jaw feels painful, dont you get really down about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)

A few years ago I was sitting in morning school assembly, you know 300 kids sitting the hall, and there was a loose slate on the roof. Come on, 300 kids around me and who'd you think the slate fell down and hit? Me? Yep, got it in one.

I went a bit funny after that. But one good side of it was the compensation from the school. They gave me nice little backhander to keep it out of court, which was nice, but they also sent me and my family on a holiday to Italy for a fortnight.

I had a lovely time. Was amazing for the first 10 days. Anyway, towards the end of this holiday we joined one of those catamaran boat cruise things, and went for a sail on the Mediterranean. Lovely weather, was really enjoying myself.

But at that age I was still a kid really, and you know the little bench that catamarans have that hangs over the back of the boat? Well I was sitting on there, minding my own business, until we hit a really rough rogue wave. I fell of straight into the sea.

At first it wasn't too bad, cos it was hot water, you know. But I was then randomly attacked by a giant squid, which have those razor sharp teeth, and it bit right through my left arm, leaving me close to drowning. Luckily the catamaran had stopped and the captain had seen me fall in. The Italian lifeguard onboard jumped in after me and grabbed me up from under the water by my nose, and ripped both my nostrils off.

So even on holiday I had to spend another few weeks in hospital, which didn't exactly endear me to my family but there you go.

Still, upon full recovery, we eventually left to go home, but we took a train ride instead of the car, to get us back to Milan airport. The weather was still so stuffy and warm, and you know, in Italy the trains have viewing galleries at the back of the train, for you to stand on and admire the scenery.

So, as the adventurous kid I was, I decided to admire the view from the back of the train, enjoying the nice sunshine and country breeze through my hair, you know. Then, all of a sudden, the train stopped and I went flying over the side, landing on the track. Before I could regain my senses another train come right up behind it and couldn't slow down, and ended up slicing both my ankles off.

And the irony is, and I blame Thatcher, that when I did eventually come home to Blighty, my first day back at school, crossing the road, what happened? I got run over by an ambulance.

man, thats bad...

ReputationRep:

Did I tell you about that time I fell out of an aeroplane? I nearly died. :rofl:

ReputationRep:

Did you happen to walk under a ladder a few days before all of this? :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gapyear111)
    Oh man

What do you think when you're eating or doing something and your jaw feels painful, dont you get really down about it?
    It doesn't really hurt anymore, although occasionally I get a pain there. It's just below my ear, so it looks like there's a lump of bone sticking out. The doctor said I could get it fixed but that'd take 8 months of intensive surgery etc. so the best idea was to leave it.

ReputationRep:
    I broke my ankle playing football when I was 16 and was dropped for the club I played for, never got back into condition again so gave up on it. Wow, this thread is depressing. I'm studying law now, hoping to become a solicitor. I'm one of those people who believe everything happens for a reason, so I'm over it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    On a scratchcard I once got two £250,000s and a £25,000. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    It doesn't really hurt anymore, although occasionally I get a pain there. It's just below my ear, so it looks like there's a lump of bone sticking out. The doctor said I could get it fixed but that'd take 8 months of intensive surgery etc. so the best idea was to leave it.
    i mean mentally, does it affect you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilkySmooth)
    I broke my ankle playing football when I was 16 and was dropped for the club I played for, never got back into condition again so gave up on it. Wow, this thread is depressing. I'm studying law now, hoping to become a solicitor. I'm one of those people who believe everything happens for a reason, so I'm over it :yep:
    hmm, just made a thread on this

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2008
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.