19th May BTEC Business Unit 3 Personal and Business Finance Exam...

Watch this thread
lolamccx
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How did everyone find it? I thought the questions were so nice!
Lucyw260.
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Came in so prepared and remembering so many formulas and everything was going fine until I reached section B even though I knew the formulas it was like a lot of them weren't needed and the maths related questions made me struggle so much that I spent too much time on it and couldn't even finish the last two big marker questions at the end which was the 6 marker and the 12 markers. So yeah I failed because I lost 25% of the marks just on those questions I couldn't finish, I never want to talk about the exam again!😭😭
Adam3683
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The questions were quite good, the first calculate questions regarding working out the annual fixed costs put me off and I think I got the wrong fixed costs, so got all those other calculate questions wrong as you needed the fixed costs, but I should get marks for correct formula shown.

The 12 marker at the end of section B was a god-send though.
Adam3683
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
By the way, for the depreciation question, did you get like £16,750?

The second question in section B was awful, I didn’t attempt it because I had no idea what the term even meant. Overall though minus the calculate questions, all the writing side of the questions were good to answer.
Lucyw260.
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Adam3683)
By the way, for the depreciation question, did you get like £16,750?

The second question in section B was awful, I didn’t attempt it because I had no idea what the term even meant. Overall though minus the calculate questions, all the writing side of the questions were good to answer.
The one about amortization? I didn't attempt it either but looked up what it meant after the exam and it meant the process of paying off loans over time. Why did they have to trick us with a big word like that! if they'd used something simpler instead of something we'd never learned then we could have answered it easily.
minaxow
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucyw260.)
The one about amortization? I didn't attempt it either but looked up what it meant after the exam and it meant the process of paying off loans over time. Why did they have to trick us with a big word like that! if they'd used something simpler instead of something we'd never learned then we could have answered it easily.
word. i didn't even attempt that question cause i didnt know what it ment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads