The Student Room Group

fixing uni choice on student finance application

applied early for student finance because i didn’t want to miss the deadline and not get funding, but i didn’t have an offer from my firm so i had to put my insurance instead. just got an offer yesterday from my firm and now i want to switch the uni choice but i don’t know how to? it keeps telling me i have to fill out a form but i have to change the amount i applied for as well as if i’m gonna be living at home bc my firm is in london which is where i live but my insurance is not in london so i applied for extra money.

how can i fix my application?? do i just fill out the form and wait and how do i know it’ll be received in time??? should i just cancel it and reapply with 1 day left before the deadline ????
Original post by bleepbloop_
applied early for student finance because i didn’t want to miss the deadline and not get funding, but i didn’t have an offer from my firm so i had to put my insurance instead. just got an offer yesterday from my firm and now i want to switch the uni choice but i don’t know how to? it keeps telling me i have to fill out a form but i have to change the amount i applied for as well as if i’m gonna be living at home bc my firm is in london which is where i live but my insurance is not in london so i applied for extra money.

how can i fix my application?? do i just fill out the form and wait and how do i know it’ll be received in time??? should i just cancel it and reapply with 1 day left before the deadline ????

Hi There,

We don’t recommend cancelling the application as this is likely to delay your finance. If the online system is guiding you to complete a change of circumstances form then you can update your course with this form; we’ll update your maintenance entitlement automatically when we process this. You can upload the form through your online account; you won’t need to post it.

Thanks, Erin N
Original post by SFE Erin N
Hi There,

We don’t recommend cancelling the application as this is likely to delay your finance. If the online system is guiding you to complete a change of circumstances form then you can update your course with this form; we’ll update your maintenance entitlement automatically when we process this. You can upload the form through your online account; you won’t need to post it.

Thanks, Erin N

hi, thank you for your help! i was just wondering how long does it take to process the changes made to the application and should i put off firming my uni before the changes have been made?
Original post by bleepbloop_
hi, thank you for your help! i was just wondering how long does it take to process the changes made to the application and should i put off firming my uni before the changes have been made?

Hello,
It’s currently taking around 9 working days to process Change of Circumstances. It's up to you whether you firm your choice.

The workflow we provide is an expected date; the dates can fluctuate depending on the volume of applications and evidence received.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending