messed up paper 1 aqa maths as level

Watch this thread
btt44
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I revised months did pracitce questions and knew the answers to only 4 questions on the paper and the rest i didnt know because i just blanked out because of the pressure. I need DDM for my course and i am currently on a DDD so would a D or E in as maths put me at a disadvantage and make me not get into the uni and do i need to put it on my ucas application if i did it externally ?
ashvinsingh
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by btt44)
I revised months did pracitce questions and knew the answers to only 4 questions on the paper and the rest i didnt know because i just blanked out because of the pressure. I need DDM for my course and i am currently on a DDD so would a D or E in as maths put me at a disadvantage and make me not get into the uni and do i need to put it on my ucas application if i did it externally ?
No because it is an AS exam as long as you are doing a level maths it won’t make a difference
btt44
Rep:
(Original post by ashvinsingh)
No because it is an AS exam as long as you are doing a level maths it won’t make a difference
Im not doing a level maths i paid for this exam externally and sat it privately as i thought it would make my application look better .....
Im only doing the btec extended dip in applied science
ashvinsingh
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by btt44)
Im not doing a level maths i paid for this exam externally and sat it privately as i thought it would make my application look better .....
Im only doing the btec extended dip in applied science
If it is extra to your 3 subjects you don’t need to disclose the results to your uni but it won’t hinder you in any way
btt44
Rep:
If it is extra to your 3 subjects you don’t need to disclose the results to your uni but it won’t hinder you in any way
Are you sure about this as i read somewhere i HAVE to put down my as result. ?

The requirement for BTEC is only 3 grades DDM and no As or a level needed
ashvinsingh
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by btt44)
Are you sure about this as i read somewhere i HAVE to put down my as result. ?

The requirement for BTEC is only 3 grades DDM and no As or a level needed
If you get an E still put the grade down, an E in maths is better than nothing at all..
btt44
Rep:
If you get an E still put the grade down, an E in maths is better than nothing at all..
The course is for computer science and i am worrying that they may not allow me into the uni because i am "bad" at math shown by my grade in AS maths
Last edited by btt44; 1 month ago
aregularteen
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Did they stick to the advanced info???
btt44
Rep:
(Original post by aregularteen)
Did they stick to the advanced info???
Kind of but the questions you think youll get will be 5× harder lol. But do u think i have to put down my grade for as maths on my application ?
ashvinsingh
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by btt44)
The course is for computer science and i am worrying that they may not allow me into the uni because i am "bad" at math shown by my grade in AS maths
That’s not how it works as far as I know
btt44
Rep:
That’s not how it works as far as I know
So you reccomend just putting it down on the application
DeBeauvoir2
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by btt44)
You have to put it down - they will get the results anyway. But, if it is not on the criteria, I very very very highly doubt that it would disadvantage you in any way - how could they reject you when there are loads of other candidates who just never sat that exam - for all the admissions officer know those candidates may have done worse. But even that is besides the point, the stated requirements are there for a reason, there are no hidden or secret ones to get around, and if you are at DDD you're already above them.
btt44
Rep:
(Original post by DeBeauvoir2)
You have to put it down - they will get the results anyway. But, if it is not on the criteria, I very very very highly doubt that it would disadvantage you in any way - how could they reject you when there are loads of other candidates who just never sat that exam - for all the admissions officer know those candidates may have done worse. But even that is besides the point, the stated requirements are there for a reason, there are no hidden or secret ones to get around, and if you are at DDD you're already above them.
Would it be a different story if i failed the maths exam as i found it that difficult ?
ashvinsingh
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by btt44)
I would say so, if the offer is based on 3 subjects, they can’t reject you based on one extra subject
btt44
Rep:
I would say so, if the offer is based on 3 subjects, they can’t reject you based on one extra subject
Oh ok but are you sure theres no consequences of not putting it down as i feel like i might change my mind later on ?
ashvinsingh
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by btt44)
Oh ok but are you sure theres no consequences of not putting it down as i feel like i might change my mind later on ?
There wouldn’t be any consequences. This is because it is extra to your 3 subjects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (63)
27.51%
As I expected (71)
31%
Harder (87)
37.99%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.49%

Watched Threads