Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did your parents buy you alcohol before you were 18? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they would. I never liked anything though.. alcohol is just ewww.

ReputationRep:
    You know, stealing from your parents isn't going to make them believe you're a responsible enough person to be allowed to drink. Do you really think they wouldn't notice a whole bottle of vodka going missing? Even if they haven't mentioned it, I'm sure they've noticed...

I think it's really irresponsible to buy underage children alcohol to take to parties. I can understand buying it and allowing you to drink it in the home, where you're being supervised, but to actually buy it to take to a drunken ghouse party is not what I would consider acceptable at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizz*****)
    Yeah from the age of 14, but usually just low percentage stuff, wkd, bacardi breezers,
    WKD and Bacardi Breezers are as strong as a premium lager..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    and premium lagers arn't of a high percentage.

ReputationRep:
    Ye from about the age of 13/14 until I quit just before my 16th birthday. It was mostly to drink at home though and was to try and prevent the whole 'OMG I'm old enough to drink now I have to binge to make up for all the years when I wasn't allowed' thing.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they did, I had the odd beer or glass of wine in the house before hand but the first time my parents brought me alcohol in largish quantities was when I was 15 going to a 16th birthday house party. Which actually turned into a bit of a riot as it was really the first time most people there had drunk properly.

ReputationRep:
    just steal your mates' if you can't get any

but, seriously, fake id is the way forward...

ReputationRep:
    My mum is fine with buying me alcohol - she remembers having to sneak alcohol out of the house when she was young, or even worse - getting an older friend to buy horrible cheap stuff, or brewing it themselves. She'd much rather buy me what I ask for, so that she knows how much i'm drinking and what I'm drinking. She would never buy me enough to get me completely wasted though.

ReputationRep:
    My dad would have a face on him if I had one drink when I was 18... I used to nick it sometimes but most of my friends parents didn't unless they had older brothers and sisters. Ironically the cops used to buy it for my brother and his mates down backways lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    So they are all of a low percentage.

(Original post by Joanna May)
    You know, stealing from your parents isn't going to make them believe you're a responsible enough person to be allowed to drink. Do you really think they wouldn't notice a whole bottle of vodka going missing? Even if they haven't mentioned it, I'm sure they've noticed...

I think it's really irresponsible to buy underage children alcohol to take to parties. I can understand buying it and allowing you to drink it in the home, where you're being supervised, but to actually buy it to take to a drunken ghouse party is not what I would consider acceptable at all.
    do you REALLY think if my parent's had noticed they wouldn't say anything? lets be realistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrahamFromJeremyKyle)
    Yes, my father did. Although he was an alcoholic himself, so I'm not sure if that counts as he use to offer me drugs too.

ReputationRep:
    My parents never bought me alcohol when /i was under 18, although I never went without at parties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    do you REALLY think if my parent's had noticed they wouldn't say anything? lets be realistic.
    I know my mother wouldn't. She'd remember it though, next time I wanted her to do something for me or do me a favour. But even if your parents haven't noticed, I'm sure they will fairly soon, and then see if they'll buy you alcohol again. Only an idiot would steal a whole bottle and expect not to be caught at some point.

I find it hard to sympathise with you, OP, if you're willing to behave immaturely and steal. You say in your first post that you drink responsibly. Doesn't sound like it to me. The first part of being responsible is being trustworthy.

(Original post by Joanna May)
    I know my mother wouldn't. She'd remember it though, next time I wanted her to do something for me or do me a favour. But even if your parents haven't noticed, I'm sure they will fairly soon, and then see if they'll buy you alcohol again. Only an idiot would steal a whole bottle and expect not to be caught at some point.

I find it hard to sympathise with you, OP, if you're willing to behave immaturely and steal. You say in your first post that you drink responsibly. Doesn't sound like it to me. The first part of being responsible is being trustworthy.
    oh **** off. you clearly have no life. go moan at someone who cares.

ReputationRep:
    i asked my grandad for some heroin last week and he gave it to me.

ReputationRep:
    no
    my parents aren't chavs

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this has been said since I cba to read the whole thread, but the reason your parents may not want you to take it out with you is because other people might have it.

giving your own kid alcohol is one thing, supplying other people's kids is quite another.

to answer the question; yes. my mum, dad and step dad have always been fine with buying me alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my parents did from time to time. It was painfully awkward asking them though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    oh **** off. you clearly have no life. go moan at someone who cares.
    Or, you know, I'm someone grown up enough to buy their own alcohol. Guess which one of us is going to have the better night tonight and not be sulking.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 11, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.