Plagerism English Lang GCSE

Watch this thread
Singam21
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Umm I accidently wrote word for word what Mr Salles wrote online on the internet in my creative writing piece it was the first 2 paragraphs just under 1/2 a page, my total story was just over 3 pages, it was exactly word for word. The video currently has 57000+ views, will I get disqualified, I mesmerised it and reproduced it in the exam
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
if it is the one that goes "the sun dripped like hot wax..."

Mr salles made a video about plagiarism a few days ago for that exact description:

the time stamp is at 16:10
Singam21
Rep:
oh dear
Singam21
Rep:
yh it was the hot wax one, I copied it word for word
golden_oldie
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Singam21)
Umm I accidently wrote word for word what Mr Salles wrote online on the internet in my creative writing piece it was the first 2 paragraphs just under 1/2 a page, my total story was just over 3 pages, it was exactly word for word. The video currently has 57000+ views, will I get disqualified, I mesmerised it and reproduced it in the exam
You accidentally forget your car keys, accidentally take a left when you meant to take a right, accidentally drop something. You don't accidentally plagiarise two whole paragraphs you melt. Level 2 material.
Last edited by golden_oldie; 1 month ago
Singam21
Rep:
(Original post by golden_oldie)
Submit reply
no, I didn't know you weren't allowed to do that, I thought plagerism only affected any NEA or Coursework, not the actual exam hence I copied his work and wrote it as my first to paragraphs then I found this video online from another guy and he said you can't do it
Last edited by Singam21; 1 month ago
englishbuzzzz
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You're most likely going to get your writing flagged for plagiarism. If it's the entire story they will probably disqualify you or not mark that section of the exam.
Last edited by englishbuzzzz; 1 month ago
Singam21
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by englishbuzzzz)
You're most likely going to get your writing flagged for plagiarism. If it's the entire story they will probably disqualify you or not mark that section of the exam.
no it definitely wasn't the whole thing, it was just my first 2 paras that was less than 1/2 a page. and I changed 1 or 2 words to help it fit better with my story
Singam21
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
'plagiarism is restricted to those examination components
where students undertake examination work in unsupervised conditions, such as
coursework, pre-release work, or the compilation of research notes which can be
used in the examination.'

This is what I have found in the JCQ PDF on plagiarism for all exam boards: AQA, Edexcel, OCR etc. So I don't think it is a problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads