The Student Room Group

Do I apply for student finance from wales or england?

Hi! I am a EU National with a Pre-Settled status. I have lived in England for 3+ years before my course. I have firmed Cardiff University and Insured a University in England. I created an account in Student Finance England and followed the instructions until the paper application c.6.2. if I tick Yes, It sends me to Student Finance Wales, however when I sign in, it sends me back to Student Finance England. I am a bit confused as to what to do? Do i cancel my application from Student Finance England? What if I don't get accepted to Cardiff University? Will I have to apply for Student Finance England again if I will attend a University in England?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by bubblyoongles
Hi! I am a EU National with a Pre-Settled status. I have lived in England for 3+ years before my course. I have firmed Cardiff University and Insured a University in England. I created an account in Student Finance England and when I tick Yes, It sends me to Student Finance Wales, however when I sign in, it sends me back to Student Finance England. I am a bit confused as to what to do? Do i cancel my application from Student Finance England? What if I don't get accepted to Cardiff University? Will I have to apply for Student Finance England again when I will be going to a University in England?

Hi There,

If you’re living in England before the start of the course and you have pre-settled status then you’d need to apply to Student Finance England as an EU student. You’ll need to apply on paper as you won’t be able to do this online; you can find the form you’ll need for this here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1060249/eu_eu22n_form_2223_o.pdf

Thanks, Erin N
Hi Erin! I did try that however I'm a bit confused since I'll be studying in Wales. (Attached below) The paper application is forwarding me to Student Finance Wales and I cannot log into Student Finance Wales as it keeps logging me to Student Finance England. (Perhaps cause we can have only one student finance account?)
Also, if I do apply for student finance Wales, and get rejected from Cardiff University. Will I have to apply to student finance England for my insurance university in England after results?!

16529872297557489932236009462895.jpg
Hello,

You can't apply online. You need to complete the form Erin provided.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Quick Reply

Latest