The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A100 2023 Entry Applicants and Offer Holders thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Br0wnies
Yk what if ppl read this and then proceed to apply to this **** uni, it's on you man

Have you read the chat .... why would they want to apply
Original post by 32jeerkah
Have you read the chat .... why would they want to apply

I'm sure plenty of people will apply regardless due to perceived "prestige".
Original post by micholate9
I'm sure plenty of people will apply regardless due to perceived "prestige".

true ... i came into the med process thinking like that but ended up wanting sgul (though it's not "prestige") i think the uni will help me become a good doctor
Original post by 32jeerkah
true ... i came into the med process thinking like that but ended up wanting sgul (though it's not "prestige") i think the uni will help me become a good doctor

Yes, definitely. Prestige does not matter at all in Medicine.
DO NOT APPLY TO THIS UNI
I'm not a med applicant however this happened with every course and I want to warn people. They were too lazy to reject everyone themselves and just waited until ucas auto rejected us because they never made a decision on our application. I waited 6 months to not even get a clear response, I don't even know why I did not get an offer since they never sent a rejection email or given any sort of explanation, and admissions office keep giving contradicting messages telling people that offers can still come out past the deadline and giving people false hope and then telling everyone they were all rejected. There's a reason why they have one of the lowest student satisfactions in the UK. For your own sanity do not apply here you'll be going through months of stress for nothing. Don't waste one of your uni choises and apply somewhere where they actually respect and care about their students, because if this is how they treat their applicants I don't even want to know what happens to their actual students.
I highly recommend reading through https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7089976&page=474 before applying here.
Original post by mommymilkers
DO NOT APPLY TO THIS UNI
I'm not a med applicant however this happened with every course and I want to warn people. They were too lazy to reject everyone themselves and just waited until ucas auto rejected us because they never made a decision on our application. I waited 6 months to not even get a clear response, I don't even know why I did not get an offer since they never sent a rejection email or given any sort of explanation, and admissions office keep giving contradicting messages telling people that offers can still come out past the deadline and giving people false hope and then telling everyone they were all rejected. There's a reason why they have one of the lowest student satisfactions in the UK. For your own sanity do not apply here you'll be going through months of stress for nothing. Don't waste one of your uni choises and apply somewhere where they actually respect and care about their students, because if this is how they treat their applicants I don't even want to know what happens to their actual students.
I highly recommend reading through https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7089976&page=474 before applying here.

PRSOM!
Another 2022 here.
Echoing everything that’s been said before.
Do not apply here - they don’t care about you. You’re a number, not a person.
There are literally 30+ other schools in the UK who would treat you better.
:fyi:
Too many ppl like That medic, Kharma Medic and Kenji to listen to this smh
Original post by Br0wnies
Too many ppl like That medic, Kharma Medic and Kenji to listen to this smh

nah cos fr 😭
Original post by John Wick11
Another 2022 here.

Unless u wanna have the stress of not knowing till u begin your alevels you should think twice before applying kcl.
Original post by John Wick11
Another 2022 here.

not only this but there are literally 30+ other schools in the UK which ARE better than kings. please for future applicants reading this, kings is not prestigious at all. the only reason you think its prestigious is 1) its a well known Russel group 2) its in central London.
One of the worst admissions team ever.

Do NOT apply to KCL med. Save yourselves from the months of waiting.

Applying to medicine means that you are already an early applicant. I personally have submitted all my choices very early in October. From October to now, not a single word from the admission team. No updates. Not by email or on King's Apply. To be honest I would not be as mad even if they rejected me a few days before the UCAS deadline. But to go completely AWOL even on the 19th May (UCAS deadline), and then sent out an email on the 20th that says you are 'rejected by default' on UCAS because they 'were unable to send all of our rejection notices through before yesterday's deadline' and say that they 'appreciate this is confusing' but 'wanted to clarify and assure you that your application was assessed by our Admissions Team', that is just very disrespectful.

If they can send out a mass email explaining the whole 'rejected by default incident' the day right after the deadline, surely sending out a mass rejection before the UCAS deadline would be very much feasible. And even that would be much better than leaving UCAS to do the job, regardless on how they promised not to do a mass rejection (from previous tsr posts on 2022 thread).

Just don't apply. The anxiety you get from the long wait along with A levels revision does not worth it. I was sold by their prestige back then, don't make the same mistake as me.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by anonymouss2004
One of the worst admissions team ever.

Do NOT apply to KCL med. Save yourselves from the months of waiting.

Applying to medicine means that you are already an early applicant. I personally have submitted all my choices very early in October. From October to now, not a single word from the admission team. No updates. Not by email or on King's Apply. To be honest I would not be as mad even if they rejected me a few days before the UCAS deadline. But to go completely AWOL even on the 19th May (UCAS deadline), and then sent out an email on the 20th that says you are 'rejected by default' on UCAS because they 'were unable to send all of our rejection notices through before yesterday's deadline' and say that they 'appreciate this is confusing' but 'wanted to clarify and assure you that your application was assessed by our Admissions Team', that is just very disrespectful.

If they can send out a mass email explaining the whole 'rejected by default incident' the day right after the deadline, surely sending out a mass rejection before the UCAS deadline would be very much feasible. And even that would be much better than leaving UCAS to do the job, regardless on how they promised not to do a mass rejection (from previous tsr posts on 2022 thread).

Just don't apply. The anxiety you get from the long wait along with A levels revision does not worth it. I was sold by their prestige back then, don't make the same mistake as me.

Besides, if they have already assessed our applications (as what they are claiming to have done), why don't they just send out a rejection then and leave it till now? That just doesn't make sense.

Got rejected by 3 other med schools, one in November, one in December and one in March (post interview). Would not say they are the best admission teams, but the experience is so much nicer than kcl. At least they communicate with applicants.
to repeat the wise words of those before me: DO NOT APPLY HERE (even with a good ucat and stats :/)

combined with a complete lack of communication, you will get the scraps of uni accommodation due to how long the admissions department at KCL take to reply. you will be unable to firm or insure anything until you've heard or withdrawn from a university that is the epitome of radio silence. i've never seen a uni thread where people are genuinely spamming the next years thread to warn you- and as a side note this is not just a covid thing, and it's not the first time this has happened. save yourself the effort i genuinely hope they get 0 applications this year these actual schmucks.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by PastelColours
not only this but there are literally 30+ other schools in the UK which ARE better than kings. please for future applicants reading this, kings is not prestigious at all. the only reason you think its prestigious is 1) its a well known Russel group 2) its in central London.

QS ranks it 16th in the world - it is prestigious (and you all know this or you wouldn’t have applied there). And if it is as bad as you say, what does it say about all of you that didn’t get a place. Embarrassing.
Original post by FY2003
QS ranks it 16th in the world - it is prestigious (and you all know this or you wouldn’t have applied there). And if it is as bad as you say, what does it say about all of you that didn’t get a place. Embarrassing.

1. it is not prestigious in terms of medicine. Google is free, do your research
2. a lot of us didn't apply because it's prestigious. we applied to stay in london and assumed they'd treat us right
3. it says we weren't treated the way we should have been. we are warning applicants to not make the same mistake we did. kings need to improve their system before taking in more students. their student satisfaction is low for a good reason.
this isn't the take you thought it'd be 😂😂
boosting on this thread as well as 2022 - use the link to write a google review, bring their stars down to nothing im acc done

https://www.google.com/search?q=king...3efb7ed0928d,3
Original post by FY2003

For medicine, Kings has consistently ranked in the bottom half of UK med schools for many years. For anyone who knows anything about medicine, it is really not prestigious :rofl:
(edited 1 year ago)
For those who are angry with the University I empathise with you and I understand your frustration. I would just like to offer the other side of the story for potential applicants who will be applying next year. You can see from the previous posts a lot of the truth about what happened to *some* people last year. But please don't be entirely put off. There were a lot of people who did receive offers and King's is definitely a university to consider. For a 2023 applicant, if you do wish to apply here then make that choice on your own. Do take into account what people have said but there is also a flip side and in a year where everything was so competitive due to backlog from last year and rising applicant numbers, there were a lot of people who did get offers. This is simply an unbiased opinion for any potential applicant and I mean no disrespect to the people who feel they have been treated unjustly, It is a long wait and there is less communication but there are many good things about this university and going here would be a wonderful opportunity for anyone who is thinking of applying. Please do not be completely put off!
Original post by 2022MedApplicant
For those who are angry with the University I empathise with you and I understand your frustration. I would just like to offer the other side of the story for potential applicants who will be applying next year. You can see from the previous posts a lot of the truth about what happened to *some* people last year. But please don't be entirely put off. There were a lot of people who did receive offers and King's is definitely a university to consider. For a 2023 applicant, if you do wish to apply here then make that choice on your own. Do take into account what people have said but there is also a flip side and in a year where everything was so competitive due to backlog from last year and rising applicant numbers, there were a lot of people who did get offers. This is simply an unbiased opinion for any potential applicant and I mean no disrespect to the people who feel they have been treated unjustly, It is a long wait and there is less communication but there are many good things about this university and going here would be a wonderful opportunity for anyone who is thinking of applying. Please do not be completely put off!

It wasn't just *some* people though. Have you seen the main applicants thread? It seems like hundreds of applicants across all courses had the same experience.

Of course they made some offers. They can't let places go unfilled. But that doesn't mean it was a fair or consistent process at all.

I'm fortunate enough to have 2 offers and 1 waitlist, but what about others like me who weren't even interviewed with full GCSE points and UCAT scores higher than others who were interviewed? If we didn't meet their requirements, that is fine. The issue is we have no idea what these mystery requirements are. We would not have applied and wasted a choice had we known...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending