Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In terms of school work, homework, studying etc. What is the optimal amount?

ReputationRep:
    Not much really. Maybe a few hours on sunday night?

ReputationRep:
    5 mins whilst on the toilet

ReputationRep:
    Let me work this out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Not much really. Maybe a few hours on sunday night?
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrahamFromJeremyKyle)
    Let me work this out...

ReputationRep:
    Nothing usually...I've been meaning to do an essay all day but found other things to do...like help mum unpack shopping...talk on phone to friends...

AJxx

ReputationRep:
    Less than I should. I've gotten into a bad habit of doing the bare minimum i can get away with.

ReputationRep:
    I only really study at weekends coming to up to an important exam. Exam season comes, I never leave my desk.

ReputationRep:
    as little as humanly possible.

sadly UCAS has invented some ***** called a personal statement, and its a bit of a bugger.

ReputationRep:
    Probably around 10 hours of uni work over the weekend, and 16-20 hours of paid work.

ReputationRep:
    Usually I try and get all the homework I have done, but sometimes I have loads and so that's not possible. The amount of work I have varies...this week I have nothing (very surprising...I just haven't had much in the week so did all the weekend homework then), but sometimes I could end up with 5/6 different pieces, and I try to get as many as possible done...usually leaving only one or two. I like having a fresh start every week, even if some homework I do at the weekend isn't due in till Thursday/Friday.

ReputationRep:
    I do a couple of hours a night, at most. I'm normally busy all day, so I just try to get it done while I can.

ReputationRep:
    I do quite a bit tbh. Because I want to do everything in my power to get As in Biology and Chemistry (and hopefully psych aswell but i'm not feeling too confident about that...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhi)

yea not much at all, considering I used to work 25 hours at a weekend.

ReputationRep:
    I should really do some extra studying like going over lecture topics in my textbook and making notes, but the 3 courseworks I have to do are mentally draining and when I'm not trying to finish them I'm relaxing *brain hurts*
    I get home everyday at about 5pm so by that time I'm pretty tired from being out all day and commuting etc.
    My weekends are mostly spent catching up and doing work.

ReputationRep:
    Im sure most people i.e 90% on here tell PORKIES . I wouldnt believe anyone here

ReputationRep:
    I work 6 - 12 hours on a Saturday and about 6 on a Sunday, so to be honest, I really can never be bothered to do anything... I dont start work until midday, so I get up late, then when I get back I just want to chill.

Although I am gonna try to start and do a bit, because I was given a bit of a wake up call this week!

ReputationRep:
    It depends wildly on how much I've got to do. If I've got loads of Tech or Art (which takes me forever) I'll often put aside the whole of Sunday to work, or if I have exams coming up. Sometimes I'll have a lot going on socially though so I'll only do it in the evenings. I'd say it averages out to around 5 hours.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.