a level history British Empire 'to what extent' questions

Watch this thread
bookausten
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
as the title says, I'm struggling with the structure of these questions. the validity ones are easier because you can change the factors in the question for your three points but the to what extent questions seem the same but I always trip on them.
it's gonna be one paragraph saying to a large extent, one paragraph to a lesser extent (or that the lesser extent outweighs the first paragraph) and the third one is? bouncing the two off each other? or that there was no extent at all?

e.g "to what extent was the achievement of Indian independence in 1947 due to the activities of nationalists?"
1: to a large extent
2: to a lesser extent because it was Britain's shortcomings/inability to deal with it after the war
3: ???? a lesser extent because ?
maybe this is a silly question but I know this paper always has these questions so can't afford to just not choose it : ( thanks if you decide to help!
idiot 101
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Not sure if this is the correct approach, but I tend to do three factors and within each argue both that this evidence suggests a lesser extent but this evidence also shows that it was significant. Obviously with more weight onto the side of your line of argument.
bookausten
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
that sounds like an idea worth trying, thanks for replying!
(Original post by idiot 101)
Not sure if this is the correct approach, but I tend to do three factors and within each argue both that this evidence suggests a lesser extent but this evidence also shows that it was significant. Obviously with more weight onto the side of your line of argument.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads