The Student Room Group

King's College hasn't given any details about my offer and the deadline is over

I applied to King's College for CompSci and have not gotten an offer even though today is the deadline for universities to respond. I just received an update from UCAS stating that the decision was unsuccessful as no reply was received from the university. Any advice on how to proceed?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steven.T
I applied to King's College for CompSci and have not gotten an offer even though today is the deadline for universities to respond. I just received an update from UCAS stating that the decision was unsuccessful as no reply was received from the university. Any advice on how to proceed?

I'm really sorry, it sounds as if you were rejected and haven't got an offer. CompSci is a really competitive course, and remember that a rejection doesn't determine your future success.
Do you have any other offers at the moment?
Reply 2
Original post by booklover1313
I'm really sorry, it sounds as if you were rejected and haven't got an offer. CompSci is a really competitive course, and remember that a rejection doesn't determine your future success.
Do you have any other offers at the moment?

I only recieved an offer from sussex but that's my insurance and I'm not too willing to consider it
Any advice on how to proceed?

You can try asking KCL for an answer but essentially you have been rejected because they didnt enter a decision.
Time to look at the offers you do have and pick a Firm.

Please read the following thread. KCL have suggested that they may be amending some of these automatic rejections.

I would advise you to give them a quick call tomorrow to find out whether that may be the case for you.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7214073

(@McGinger - that thread may be of interest to you if you are advising anyone one who has been RBD’d by Kings)
Original post by Admit-One

I would advise you to give them a quick call tomorrow

Good luck to anyone trying to get through tomorrow.
Reply 6
Please read the following thread. KCL have suggested that they may be amending some of these automatic rejections.

I would advise you to give them a quick call tomorrow to find out whether that may be the case for you.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7214073

(@McGinger - that thread may be of interest to you if you are advising anyone one who has been RBD’d by Kings)

Thank You.
Reply 7
I got the automatic rejection too and applied for Comp Sci!
Original post by h0ney
I got the automatic rejection too and applied for Comp Sci!

As above, it’s worth giving them a quick call to check whether that decision is final. Be patient, their lines may be busy as a lot of people are in the same boat.
Original post by McGinger
Good luck to anyone trying to get through tomorrow.

Haha, yes, thoughts and prayers to the KCL admissions team tomorrow :smile:

Hi I’m actually a little bit confused about this as I’m pretty sure the deadline isn’t actually today and you can still receive offers up until July. Since you have applied to kings you should check the kings apply site and see if you have an official rejection on that. I don’t think you should assume you have been rejected until you personally see the rejection update on your kings personal account. If there is no update they likely just haven’t decided to accept or reject you yet so I’d either recommend waiting, emailing or just calling them up to see if everything is going fine.

Btw I also applied to kings for comp sci and haven’t gotten an offer or rejection response yet either. I both called and emailed to be safe and was told that there wasn’t a problem with my application and not to worry as they are still processing it but who knows. Hope you do get a reply from them!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Mwhite900
Hi I’m actually a little bit confused about this as I’m pretty sure the deadline isn’t actually today and you can still receive offers up until July. Since you have applied to kings you should check the kings apply site and see if you have an official rejection on that. I don’t think you should assume you have been rejected until you personally see the rejection update on your kings personal account. If there is no update they likely just haven’t decided to accept or reject you yet so I’d either recommend waiting, emailing or just calling them up to see if everything is going fine.

Btw I also applied to kings for comp sci and haven’t gotten an offer or rejection response yet either. I both called and emailed to be safe and was told that there wasn’t a problem with my application and not to worry as they are still processing it but who knows. Hope you do get a reply from them!

I see, I also tried calling them a week ago or so and couldn't even get through, but thanks it's a bit reassuring that others are having the same issue. I wish you the best of luck
I see, I also tried calling them a week ago or so and couldn't even get through, but thanks it's a bit reassuring that others are having the same issue. I wish you the best of luck

The best thing you can do is go away from this shower and move elsewhere. Look on it as their loss is somebody else's gain. You will likely find you will still be rejected. The one serious question is why did you put down a university you wont go to. It was absolutely senseless. There was always a possibility it could end up as your only choice.

Basically your other choice is to reject Sussex and apply elsewhere though extra or clearing or reapply next year. You can check ucas course search and filter on show only courses with vacancies. Computer Science has been very popular over the last couple years and applications way outstrip demand in top universities. If you wish you could apply again next year but be aware there is no guarantee of an offer as you have already found.

Kings behaviour is really bad and ucas and the government should be looking at taking strong action against them. It isnt fair n the students to be left waiting on a string.
Original post by Mwhite900
Hi I’m actually a little bit confused about this as I’m pretty sure the deadline isn’t actually today and you can still receive offers up until July.

No, if you’d applied pre-Jan 26th then today is the latest the latest date that you should hear back. If the uni hasn’t made a decision then UCAS rejects you by default.

https://www.ucas.com/events/2022-entry-unicollege-decisions-due-applications-submitted-26-january-394821

14th July is the decision deadline for late applicants. IE. If you applied after Jan 26th.
UG applicants who have received a 'Reject by Default' (RBD) status on UCASEven though your UCAS application states you were rejected by default (RBD), we would like to reassure you your application was fully considered by King's, but due to the very high competition we were unable to offer you a place. Apologies for any confusion this may have caused.
Original post by adamgwhitlock
UG applicants who have received a 'Reject by Default' (RBD) status on UCASEven though your UCAS application states you were rejected by default (RBD), we would like to reassure you your application was fully considered by King's, but due to the very high competition we were unable to offer you a place. Apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

Has that come via direct email from them?

They were contradicting that message with advice on the phones yesterday.

What a mess.
Has that come via direct email from them?

They were contradicting that message with advice on the phones yesterday.

What a mess.

They are a disgrace a total shambles. Students would be best advised to go to a competent university who want them. The authorities need to take action against Kings but I doubt they will. It is clear Kings admissions is not fit for purpose and students deserve better than this.
Original post by swanseajack1
They are a disgrace a total shambles. Students would be best advised to go to a competent university who want them. The authorities need to take action against Kings but I doubt they will. It is clear Kings admissions is not fit for purpose and students deserve better than this.

To be fair, a number of students get RBD'd every year, (not en masse though). It's the weird message they were communicating via the phone yesterday that I am most concerned about because that was so unusual and specific that it must have come from somewhere.

Basically all anybody can do is to lok elsewhere and move on. Kings could have told students earlier and helped them move on. For years Durham has been rightly condemned on here for the way they handled admissions. This is far worse with Kings Admissions staff still misleading students on the phone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending