what did people get in their a-levels

Watch this thread
carysddd
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i need a BBC to get into university, but i’m very worried i won’t get this. did anyone get lower grades and still get into university?
Nairbear
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by carysddd)
i need a BBC to get into university, but i’m very worried i won’t get this. did anyone get lower grades and still get into university?
I got CDD in 2019 and retaking now but still got all my offers. I knew people who got UEE and got into uni. Another got BCD and into their first choice but was a foundation year. Others around Ds and Cs and still got in. You can get in if you get lower than expected depending on how lenient the uni is and how many spaces they want to fill (depends on what course you’re applying to and changes each year). Or you may get into a foundation year for your chosen course. Also clearing is another option they often have lowered grade requirements. Im not saying it’s 100% you will get in but yes there is a chance you can still go to university.
Last edited by Nairbear; 1 month ago
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes people h.ave got in with lower grades in past years but previous years are different to this year because of grade inflation. Nobody knows what will happen this year and it will differ between universities
username5964857
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by carysddd)
Usually, if you are just one grade below the entry requirements then they still let you in. For example, if your offer is BBC and you get BCC then you still have a high chance of being accepted.

If you mean generally, then yes there are plenty of other universities that have lower entry requirements such as CCC or even lower. Some universities just state the number of UCAS points instead of grades.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads