The Student Room Group

what is your philosophy of living?

Do most people have one? Like a set of maxims they live by? It sounds like a noble idea lol. Ig mine would be to 'get the job first, see if you're up to if after' although that's not working out very well for me rn
I must follow the rules I make for myself or else I’ll consider myself a failure.
I have a few.
Mostly that life is too short to waste valuable time and emotion on those that don't deserve any or bring much positivity to your life.
That there is a choice between excuses or progress, cannot have both.
Original post by londonmyst
I have a few.
Mostly that life is too short to waste valuable time and emotion on those that don't deserve any or bring much positivity to your life.

I acc needed that first one. Though it is difficult and I have no idea why
Reply 4
i just want to have fun
personally, not really, no
whether most people have one, i doubt it. but I have no idea
I don't know really, I just try not to be a horrible person, and I put my kids first.
I also turn to prayer in times of trouble.
Original post by rebelw
Do most people have one? Like a set of maxims they live by? It sounds like a noble idea lol. Ig mine would be to 'get the job first, see if you're up to if after' although that's not working out very well for me rn

mine is to keep moving forward and struggling until the very end. in essence, be stoic.
Original post by londonmyst
I have a few.

prsom
Regardless of the possibility of an after-life, it is indisputable that life is short and you might as well make you time here worthwhile and enjoyable.

A nice quote I heard a few months ago sums up my perspective: “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

I think it can be applied to anyone regardless of religious beliefs.
Reply 9
Loads, I spend my days thinking about this stuff professionally. The basic principle is do no harm, really basic ahimsa.
Original post by Roses.Are.Red
A nice quote I heard a few months ago sums up my perspective: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

I think it can be applied to anyone regardless of religious beliefs.

PRSOM.

That's an extract of The Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr, a 20th century usa theologian.
Possibly best known for the use in 12 step support and recovery programmes like Alcoholics Anonymous.

Quick Reply

Latest