Will Heriot Watt still accept me if I don't meet the entry requirements?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I applied at Heriot Watt university for modern languages with business management and received a conditional offer, however I am not confident that I will meet the requirements.

What are the chances that they still accept me if I was close to the requirements and should I go through clearing instead? (p.s I have a backup offer elsewhere but Heriot Watt is my no.1 choice)
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It'll depend on how many other people applied for the same course at the same university. If they have space, they might be flexible. If they don't, they won't be.

If they don't accept your below-offer grades (assuming that's what happens) via your initial application, then they're not going to accept you via Clearing instead.
HWU StudentRep 1
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I applied at Heriot Watt university for modern languages with business management and received a conditional offer, however I am not confident that I will meet the requirements.

What are the chances that they still accept me if I was close to the requirements and should I go through clearing instead? (p.s I have a backup offer elsewhere but Heriot Watt is my no.1 choice)
Hi! If you didn't meet the requirements of your conditional offer, it may at the discretion of the university/course whether they accept the grades, and can depend on number of people in the course and applications. Unfortunately, I can't confirm whether they would be flexible with requirements.

Regarding clearing, it's not always guaranteed which courses go into clearing as it depends whether they have spaces left on the course. If you didn't meet your course requirements and want to consider clearing, I would recommend contacting Heriot-Watt about the course you are interested in, the possibility of it going into clearing, and whether you would be accepted with your grades. There's contact info and more info on HW clearing via this link - https://www.hw.ac.uk/uk/clearing/

There's also lots of different courses which go into clearing, so even if you weren't eligible for the course you have applied for, you may be eligible for others.

I hope that helps!

-Claire
Last edited by HWU StudentRep 1; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (34)
26.56%
As I expected (44)
34.38%
Harder (43)
33.59%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.47%

Watched Threads