The Student Room Group

how much exercise per day did you do as a child?

at least 2 or 3 hours
At least 2 hours now as a teenager it has decreased a lot. I think it has to do with technology that makes us lazy
Almost none.
Beyond ordinary walking or running after a dog.
As a child, I did dance classes twice a week and played outside a lot. As a teenager, went to the gym/swimming/running several times a week in addition to PE lessons - so probably 1-1.5 hours most days.
(edited 1 year ago)
As a child, out on the streets and in the park. Everyday after school weather permitting and dawn to dust during holidays and weekends. Always playing out with the other kids in the cul-de-sac where we lived: football, cricket, rounders, racing around on our bikes, mock olympic games, copying the FA and world cups. Lunchtime at school especially in the spring to autumn would be long distance running around the field track. Had a competition going in who could beat the record distance done in a lunchtime! All that on top of normal PE lessons.
Walking is exercise to me. Brisk walking, though. Still a child. However, my activity level is actually increasing as Sports Day approaches. It'll probably go right back down afterwards, though.
Reply 6
1 to 2 hours is enough
Around 2 hours in primary school.
Now in secondary school and it's around 1 hour now.
lots

Quick Reply

Latest