Kings College vs Bart’s for Graduate Entry Medicine

Watch this thread
jokermuja
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I recently got an offer from both graduate entry courses at Barts and Kings and I’m very conflicted about which one to go for? I hope I don’t come across as ungrateful I’m actually very thankful to be in this position. I’m just wondering whether there’s a specific one that has any advantages or disadvantages, or anyones personal experiences on the unis regarding medicine (undergrad but preferably the graduate entry course) many thanks!!
Br0wnies
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Go for Bart's. Have you seen the way they treated King's applicants this year. Someone said that the first year medics at King's didn't even get placement until their summer holidays started.
Last edited by Br0wnies; 1 month ago
PastelColours
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Barts. Kings have been clowns this year. Barts is calling for you my friend, run from kings
medicphd
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I would echo what the above two have said. KCL's handling of admission this year across all degrees has been somewhat shambolic. There was also a post from a current KCL grad med student on the 2023 entry (I think) page and they didn't have particularly kind words to say about the course.
jokermuja
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by medicphd)
I would echo what the above two have said. KCL's handling of admission this year across all degrees has been somewhat shambolic. There was also a post from a current KCL grad med student on the 2023 entry (I think) page and they didn't have particularly kind words to say about the course.
(Original post by PastelColours)
Barts. Kings have been clowns this year. Barts is calling for you my friend, run from kings
(Original post by Br0wnies)
Go for Bart's. Have you seen the way they treated King's applicants this year. Someone said that the first year medics at King's didn't even get placement until their summer holidays started.
Ahhh I’m also leaning towards Bart’s, my only counterpoint is I’m just wondering if the admin side doesn’t actually reflect the course but yeah thanks all
Agitha
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jokermuja)
Ahhh I’m also leaning towards Bart’s, my only counterpoint is I’m just wondering if the admin side doesn’t actually reflect the course but yeah thanks all
What could possibly be tempting you to lean towards KCL after all this?
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
KCL does not have a great reputation for the way it treats its applicants - or its students.
It isnt just 'admin' - its an endemic culture at KCL.

Go to Barts.
Agitha
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Rather than focusing on negatives of KCL, here's something that really appeals to me about Bart's: a pre-hospital medicine student selected component.

http://www.prehospitalcareprogramme.org/

I didn't apply to Bart's, but I possibly would have sat the UCAT just to apply there if I'd have known about that PHEM SSC.
medicphd
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jokermuja)
I don’t think it’s just admission admin though. KCL have had bad student satisfaction scores for quite some time now.
Agitha
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by medicphd)
I don’t think it’s just admission admin though. KCL have had bad student satisfaction scores for quite some time now.
This.

Although we're used to regarding league tables and rankings as irrelevant for UK med schools, one aspect that does deserve at least a cursory glance is the student satisfaction scoring.
Last edited by Agitha; 1 month ago
Mr. Average
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Bart's 100%
jokermuja
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I really appreciate everyones replies here and I think I agree with everyone haha. Thanks all!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads