Mid 2:2 in Second Year, Can i Graduate With a 2:1?

Watch this thread
CinderBl0k
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
Im studying Law at NTU, i'm not sure if it's weighted 60/40 or 50/50 but i've started stressing because this year has been a bit of a rough year and I think i've got around a mid 2:2. I was wondering, if I work my ass off, could i graduate with a 2:1?
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Yes, it's perfectly possible.

Let's say your course is 50:50 and that "mid 2:2" means 55%. If you got 66% in Year 3, that'd be 60.5% overall - a 2:1.

Of course, if it's weighted 60:40 towards Year 3, then the required percentage for Year 3 would be a little lower.
CinderBl0k
Rep:
(Original post by DataVenia)
Yes, it's perfectly possible.

Let's say your course is 50:50 and that "mid 2:2" means 55%. If you got 66% in Year 3, that'd be 60.5% overall - a 2:1.

Of course, if it's weighted 60:40 towards Year 3, then the required percentage for Year 3 would be a little lower.
Thank you, I've been stressing a lot because a graduating with a 2:2 in a law degree isn't really worth it, and im really trying to push for a 2:1 or above. I'm just going to make sure that i work extra hard next year. Thank you!!!
Pythian
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CinderBl0k)
Thank you, I've been stressing a lot because a graduating with a 2:2 in a law degree isn't really worth it, and im really trying to push for a 2:1 or above. I'm just going to make sure that i work extra hard next year. Thank you!!!
In what specific ways would you aim to improve?
Augustino D
Badges: 12
Report 1 month ago
Apologies, but none of us have access to the formula that is used to calculate your final degree classification. Why would you expect strangers on the internet to do this work for you? Is this laziness why you're struggling to get a 2.1?
CinderBl0k
Rep:
(Original post by Pythian)
In what specific ways would you aim to improve?
I'd probably work on my organisational skills, because my notes are literally everywhere at the moment. So when it comes to revising, I end up wasting a lot of time trying to find my notes. I'd also make sure that i study more and do more extra curricular stuff to develop my own knowledge and understanding
Last edited by CinderBl0k; 1 month ago
Leslie Knope
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
It's definitely possible! Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads