how reliable has edexcel been with the advanced info?

Watch this thread
HALEE189
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
can someone answer this as i have edexcel maths and im wondering whether i should revise everything or just the advanced info because idk how reliable edexcel are they better not be like aqa
sylkiebot
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Not reliable at all. You should’ve studied everything bro. I hate trusting that stupid advanced info and now I regret it so damn muchhhh. I did AS Edexcel Chemistry and the whole damn paper had such a different format, none of the questions seemed familiar or straightforward, they all looked nothing like the previous past papers. They were no easy definitions or like multiple choice questions where you can score at least 1 mark for… (I think their were only two, the rest was all tricky calculation qs) So for ex; advanced info said they’d get ‘Structure and Bond angles’ in Topic 2 and THEY DIDNT GET ANYTHING!!! Instead they got combustion questions which was in frickin’ Topic 8, like- WTF? I swear it was nothing like the mock either. Not to mention how long the paper was, I definetly faileddddddd.
lara!
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HALEE189)
can someone answer this as i have edexcel maths and im wondering whether i should revise everything or just the advanced info because idk how reliable edexcel are they better not be like aqa
i did edexcel biology and although there were a few tricky questions, they definitely stuck to the advanced info!
sylkiebot
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lara!)
i did edexcel biology and although there were a few tricky questions, they definitely stuck to the advanced info!
OMG YOU DID EDEXCEL BIOLOGY?!! Bro what came my exam is in like five ****ing hours.
sylkiebot
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lara!)
Oh nevermind you're probably talking abt GCSE
lara!
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sylkiebot)
OMG YOU DID EDEXCEL BIOLOGY?!! Bro what came my exam is in like five ****ing hours.
how was it!!
sylkiebot
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lara!)
how was it!!
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I got a C I think. None of the questions, (once again) matched the advanced guidance **** they gave us... The majority of the paper was to do with: DNA, Fertilisation (a 6 marker about spermatgoenia & mutations) and BENEDICTS SOLUTION?!! (That 6 marker was horrible, a whole page filled just with data about different kind of sugars and another for its graphs; it was disgusting). No but srsly wth??? Like- what was supposed to show up was: Carbohydrates, Lipids, Meiosis/Mitosis and basically the Eukaryotic cell and its components... so, obviously I was just sitting there like a clown.
lara!
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sylkiebot)
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I got a C I think. None of the questions, (once again) matched the advanced guidance **** they gave us... The majority of the paper was to do with: DNA, Fertilisation (a 6 marker about spermatgoenia & mutations) and BENEDICTS SOLUTION?!! (That 6 marker was horrible, a whole page filled just with data about different kind of sugars and another for its graphs; it was disgusting). No but srsly wth??? Like- what was supposed to show up was: Carbohydrates, Lipids, Meiosis/Mitosis and basically the Eukaryotic cell and its components... so, obviously I was just sitting there like a clown.
glad it went well!!! i’m so happy i don’t do a level biology it seems like hell 😭😭
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads