The Student Room Group

Graduate entry medicine

My SFE application for year 1 of Graduate Entry Medicine has requested that I provide evidence of my "NHS bursary status". It states I need to upload my "NHS Bursary Opt-out email" before my SFE application will progress.

I do not have an NHS bursary to opt out of - the NHS bursary is not available to first year GEM students. I have not made a bursary application, there is no bursary to apply to (or opt out of!).

This is clearly an error that has been made in the processing of my SFE application. I am getting absolutely nowhere with the telephone advisors at SFE, who unfortunately are not at all familiar with the grad entry medicine funding situation (granted, it is rather complex). I have variously been told that there is no funding available from SFE for GEM (incorrect), that I must apply to Student Finance Wales as I will be studying in Swansea, despite being ordinarily resident in England (again, incorrect) and that my eligibility for finance from SFE is dependent upon NHSBSA assessing me (definitely also incorrect).....

Any advice from SFE would be MASSIVELY appreciated. As it stands, I'm stuck and my finance application is not progressing.

TIA
Original post by Agitha
My SFE application for year 1 of Graduate Entry Medicine has requested that I provide evidence of my "NHS bursary status". It states I need to upload my "NHS Bursary Opt-out email" before my SFE application will progress.

I do not have an NHS bursary to opt out of - the NHS bursary is not available to first year GEM students. I have not made a bursary application, there is no bursary to apply to (or opt out of!).

This is clearly an error that has been made in the processing of my SFE application. I am getting absolutely nowhere with the telephone advisors at SFE, who unfortunately are not at all familiar with the grad entry medicine funding situation (granted, it is rather complex). I have variously been told that there is no funding available from SFE for GEM (incorrect), that I must apply to Student Finance Wales as I will be studying in Swansea, despite being ordinarily resident in England (again, incorrect) and that my eligibility for finance from SFE is dependent upon NHSBSA assessing me (definitely also incorrect).....

Any advice from SFE would be MASSIVELY appreciated. As it stands, I'm stuck and my finance application is not progressing.

TIA

Hello,

We don't require that evidence, you're correct, it appears to be an error.
When did you submit your application? Has it been approved?

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 2
Original post by Lynsey SFE
Hello,

We don't require that evidence, you're correct, it appears to be an error.
When did you submit your application? Has it been approved?

Thanks, Lynsey.

Hi Lynsey

Thanks so much for your reply. I submitted my application some weeks ago. Current status is stuck at PROCESSING with "You have actions to complete - Upload your supporting evidence NOT COMPLETED" as the highighted message on the status page. The only actions stated are the aforementioned NHS Bursary error.... I do not believe my application will progress until this error is dealt with.

Thanks again.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Agitha
Hi Lynsey

Thanks so much for your reply. I submitted my application some weeks ago. Current status is stuck at PROCESSING with "You have actions to complete - Upload your supporting evidence NOT COMPLETED" as the highighted message on the status page. The only actions stated are the aforementioned NHS Bursary error.... I do not believe my application will progress until this error is dealt with.

Thanks again.

Hello,

It sounds like your application could be waiting to be processed.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 4
Hi, yes - that much is clear. But the status clearly says that SFE are waiting on me providing a non-existent document which was requested in error before they can process it further.... what can I do to fix this please?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Agitha
Hi, yes - that much is clear. But the status clearly says that SFE are waiting on me providing a non-existent document which was requested in error before they can process it further.... what can I do to fix this please?

Hello,

You won't need to do anything if your application is waiting to be processed.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending