Essex Accomodation options

Watch this thread
joshbram1324
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've got a place at Essex this coming september and have been looking at accomodation. Im torn between the towers and the houses. The towers look great but ive seen people say that you get no sleep and its impossible to study. On the other hand it looks like the best place to be to meet people. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or advice
Megan_UniofEssex
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 minute ago
(Original post by joshbram1324)
I've got a place at Essex this coming september and have been looking at accomodation. Im torn between the towers and the houses. The towers look great but ive seen people say that you get no sleep and its impossible to study. On the other hand it looks like the best place to be to meet people. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or advice
Hi joshbram1324,

That's not always true about towers, plenty of flats are quiet and people won't be partying every night. If your flatmates are making too much noise at night you can talk to them or talk to your RA (who helps with any flat problems) for them to remind the flat that they need to respect that some people need to sleep and study. Around exam season the University has quiet hours and people must keep the noise down so people can study. But if all this doesn't work, you can study in the library which is only a 2 minute walk! And the walls are more soundproof than you might think.

In the end where you decide to stay depends on your budget and what sort of lifestyle you want to live. Towers is very social and you'll make friends there for sure, the houses can be more quiet and have a lot less people to socialize with, I wanted a balance between both and went for South Courts.

I hope this was helpful!

Megan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (24)
26.67%
As I expected (28)
31.11%
Harder (32)
35.56%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.67%

Watched Threads