Hairdressers in Sheffield

Watch this thread
ADage13
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For context, I've moved down from London and maybe things are just different here.

All the hairdressers I've phoned here require a 48 hour test before even a simple bleach job. I toner and/or dye my hair at home so the products that can actually vary and maybe cause a reaction I dont use in salons. Up in London most places would bleach without a test and the most I'd have to do is sign a waiver. Does anybody know a place that will actually bleach my hair? I don't have time for arranging some separate test and walking round for 2-4 days with a bleached stripe in my hair.
readyamzfire
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I used to be a hairdresser in the Stafford and local surrounding areas. (You didn’t say where you are currently). You won’t likely get a hairdresser to bleach and tone your hair without a test even if they did it in London usually because the individuals involved are doing it off of their own insurance. A big london salon doesn’t mind as much if you sue them because their equipped to deal with that situation should it arise, they can afford a lawyer or to just pay out to you, but a smaller salon (even if doesn’t seem that small) won’t have the insurance to cover you sueing them for it going badly and you having an allergic reaction. So they fear it a lot more and will go out of their way to make sure everything was done prior to the job, to make sure that you weren’t neglected by them, as it negates your case if you wanted to sue the salon or the individual for negligence.
It is a sad day when it comes down to that, but hairdressers could lose their shop, licence and everything they’ve worked for because of that skin test. I see both sides, it is boring waiting but losing your job over one person sucks also.
Maybe take a train to London if you really can’t wait?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads