Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone,

thing is, I won a all included brand new Nokia 7310 Supernova from eBay through bidding for a cool $20.50! Would you believe that?

So now, my total cost would be $45.50 ($25 for the shipping).

however the seller sends me an invoice for $279.50, saying that the extra cost is for 'special packaging, phone testing and admin'! What a load of horse crap!

I tell him that I won't pay all that since he didn't mention anything about it in the ad, and I filed a 'non - performing seller' case against him.

Today, he sent me a message saying that it's unfair that I ask him to sell the fone to me for that price (market value is $200-$230).

i replied saying that he took the risk by putting it up for bidding, and he's paid the price.

However, only after I sent it did a great idea flash through my mind! I thought "Why don't I ask him for about $100 as compensation for the profit that I could've made by selling it here in SL?"

What do you guys/gals think? Will eBay take any action for me for threatning him?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Send it back in the post with a cats heart.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.