University of Reading or University of Aberdeen?

Watch this thread
riri12345
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I currently got offers from both in food science and nutrition courses. I just want to know which uni is better in terms of reputation and experience. Thanks. I'm an international student btw
turbobaithead
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
The University of Aberdeen is one of the 'Ancient' Unis in the UK, founded in the 1400s.
National Ranking: 20 - 25 (QS, THE, Guardian, etc.).
Global Ranking: 140 - 180 (QS, THE, CWTS, etc.)
Typically known for Law, Medicine, Dentistry, Linguistics, Accounting and Finance, Engineering, and Physics. (All placing within the top 10 at some point, top 5 for Law and Medicine)

The University of Reading is also a really good school with a long history. One of the 'triple crown' accredited Business School.
National Ranking: 28 - 40
Global Ranking: 200 - 250
For your course, it's purported to be one of the best for it. Definitely better than Aberdeen it seems.
Additionally, if it matters to you, the location of Reading is also nearby London and most cities down south. General part-time jobs or job prospects are much easier to find. London is one of the world's cultural centers so you'd have more exposure to everything else bright, fun, and less gray(Aberdeen).

tl;dr Aberdeen is a slightly higher ranked school with an impressive history spanning 525 years ago. It has one of the best campuses in the UK.
But Reading is much better for your course, nearby to London and not isolated like Aberdeen is and is still a very good school at the end of the day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads