Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I am writing an economics essay about video game piracy, if you could complete a short survey (it'll take less than one minute) it would help me tremendously!

The link to the survey is:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...dtnUZehA_3d_3d

Thank You Very Much!

ReputationRep:
    Doing now.

Quick stat for you:
    Fallout 3 has no DRM except for requiring disk (and you can get no-disk patches easily and legally)(not even CD key). And yet in just over a week 4,700,000 copies have been SOLD, with for $300,000,000 IIRC. So even thought it was one of the easiest games to pirate ever (just need a copy), millions were bought instead.
    Just goes to prove DRM causes piracy, not the other way around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drakelet)
    Doing now.

Quick stat for you:
    Fallout 3 has no DRM except for requiring disk (and you can get no-disk patches easily and legally)(not even CD key). And yet in just over a week 4,700,000 copies have been SOLD, with for $300,000,000 IIRC. So even thought it was one of the easiest games to pirate ever (just need a copy), millions were bought instead.
    Just goes to prove DRM causes piracy, not the other way around.
    It's the classic thing isn't it. DRM only really effects people that buy media legally.

ReputationRep:
    how many of those 4.7 million were for PC though?

ReputationRep:
    Good question, the answer of which I do not know. I expect a lot to be PC though; mods (like Oblivion), better graphics/framerate, mouse and keyboard etc. I would guess 2mil+.

ReputationRep:
    Done!

You should have a 0 option for "How many pirated games did you attain this year?"
    cause I have had a pirated game, but not this year

ReputationRep:
    Done

ReputationRep:
    Done :ninja:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.