selena3217
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can anybody tell me what it’s like doing criminology A levels?
In depth please if you can x
aaamilah
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
i believe there isnt an actual ‘a level’ in criminology which is rly important to note! im currently doing it and its WJEC which is basically a btec— note that not all unis accept this so it’s crucial you look beforehand and what unis you would be looking at if you do wanna go to university and if they accept it. it’s really interesting though, you do 2 exams per year 1 internal 1 external. unit 1 was a lot of work but you get to use your notes in the exam and its basically just coursework, unit 2 i just sat my exam and it was actually pretty easy! it helps that the content is genuinely really interesting, and i wasn’t even that interested in crim to begin with it was just an extra, but it’s really fun to do and that makes it a lot easier to learn. its become my favourite subject of the three im taking
selena3217
Rep:
(Original post by aaamilah)
i believe there isnt an actual ‘a level’ in criminology which is rly important to note! im currently doing it and its WJEC which is basically a btec— note that not all unis accept this so it’s crucial you look beforehand and what unis you would be looking at if you do wanna go to university and if they accept it. it’s really interesting though, you do 2 exams per year 1 internal 1 external. unit 1 was a lot of work but you get to use your notes in the exam and its basically just coursework, unit 2 i just sat my exam and it was actually pretty easy! it helps that the content is genuinely really interesting, and i wasn’t even that interested in crim to begin with it was just an extra, but it’s really fun to do and that makes it a lot easier to learn. its become my favourite subject of the three im taking
Thank you!! That helped a lot! What subjects do you do if you don’t mind me asking?
I guess if not criminology then law (is that a subject?)
I plan to go to Cambridge university btw
aaamilah
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by selena3217)
Thank you!! That helped a lot! What subjects do you do if you don’t mind me asking?
I guess if not criminology then law (is that a subject?)
I plan to go to Cambridge university btw
law is an a level subject so that would be a great alternative! the wjec criminology is accepted at cambridge if you have 3 other a levels (so 4 subjects total) so if you do want to try crim that might be an option you can also just do the first year and basically gain an AS qualification and then drop it to focus on the other 3 for the last year if you’d like.

i do crim, english language & sociology
selena3217
Rep:
(Original post by aaamilah)
law is an a level subject so that would be a great alternative! the wjec criminology is accepted at cambridge if you have 3 other a levels (so 4 subjects total) so if you do want to try crim that might be an option you can also just do the first year and basically gain an AS qualification and then drop it to focus on the other 3 for the last year if you’d like.

i do crim, english language & sociology
Okay thanks a lot, that really helped!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.25%
As I expected (24)
30%
Harder (30)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed