Eligible for special support loan ? (deferred my course but changed university? )

Watch this thread
tf76fr67f
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I had to take a 1 year leave of absence due to caring and health issues and was going to resume my first year this September
However I have decided to remain close to my family and have chosen to transfer my course

Whilst filling out my student finance application it said that I should upload evidence for the Special Support Loan/grant and I was wondering if I would still be eligible for this?
SFE Karen
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tf76fr67f)
I had to take a 1 year leave of absence due to caring and health issues and was going to resume my first year this September
However I have decided to remain close to my family and have chosen to transfer my course

Whilst filling out my student finance application it said that I should upload evidence for the Special Support Loan/grant and I was wondering if I would still be eligible for this?
Hi there, In order to be eligible to apply for Special Support Loan you must meet the following criteria:
- You’re a single parent, or single foster parent, of a child or young person under 20 who is in full-time education below higher education level, or on an approved training course.
- You have a partner who is also a full-time student, and one or both of you is responsible for a child or young person under 20 who is in full-time education below higher education level, or on an approved training course.
- You have a disability and qualify for the Disability Living Allowance, Disability Premium, or Severe Disability Premium.
- You qualify for Personal Independence Payment or Armed Forces Independence Payment.
- You’re deaf and qualify for a Disabled Students’ Allowance.
- You have been treated as incapable of work for a continuous period of at least 28 weeks.
- You have a disability and qualify for income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- You’re waiting to go back to a course, having taken agreed time out from that course due to an illness or caring responsibility that has now ended.
- You’re aged over 60.

Do you meet any of these criteria's? Thanks, Karen
tf76fr67f
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Karen)
Hi there, In order to be eligible to apply for Special Support Loan you must meet the following criteria:
- You’re a single parent, or single foster parent, of a child or young person under 20 who is in full-time education below higher education level, or on an approved training course.
- You have a partner who is also a full-time student, and one or both of you is responsible for a child or young person under 20 who is in full-time education below higher education level, or on an approved training course.
- You have a disability and qualify for the Disability Living Allowance, Disability Premium, or Severe Disability Premium.
- You qualify for Personal Independence Payment or Armed Forces Independence Payment.
- You’re deaf and qualify for a Disabled Students’ Allowance.
- You have been treated as incapable of work for a continuous period of at least 28 weeks.
- You have a disability and qualify for income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- You’re waiting to go back to a course, having taken agreed time out from that course due to an illness or caring responsibility that has now ended.
- You’re aged over 60.

Do you meet any of these criteria's? Thanks, Karen
Hey thanks for the reply
I had to take a 1 year leave of absence due to caring and health issues and was going to resume the first year of my course this September
However I have decided to remain close to my family and have chosen to change course and university

Whilst filling out my student finance application it said that I should upload evidence for the Special Support Loan/grant and I was wondering if I would still be eligible for this? And if uploading evidence will mess up my compelling personal reasons application I also had to do?
Last edited by tf76fr67f; 4 weeks ago
SFE Karen
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

Hi there,

Hey thanks for the reply
I had to take a 1 year leave of absence due to caring and health issues and was going to resume the first year of my course this September
However I have decided to remain close to my family and have chosen to change course and university

Whilst filling out my student finance application it said that I should upload evidence for the Special Support Loan/grant and I was wondering if I would still be eligible for this? And if uploading evidence will mess up my compelling personal reasons application I also had to do?
You would need to send evidence of this for the team to review. Please include a signed and dated cover letter advising the reason you are sending the evidence for the team to review. Thanks, Karen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed