Could my EPQ title be more specific?

Watch this thread
kat1109
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all,
I'm currently in year 12 starting to think about my EPQ. I settled quite quickly on a politics topic and then became interested in electoral systems but my question seemed to bamboozle my tutor.
My first question draft is:
'How has the shift to the MMP voting system influenced New Zealand's democracy?'
Is this question too broad? Should I look at a specific election/ time period or would this be too limited? I plan to research economic impacts, representation (especially of minorities), the impact on policy formation and a paragraph tracking public opinion through the referendums.
Any advice would be welcome or even just finding someone doing a similar topic (most of my class seems to be doing their dissertations on science/ maths topics)
AlistairFair
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hmm, I think that question sounds fine personally? However, I'm definitely not a teacher. I had classmates do questions on politics or even football!
An idea might be changing it to be more, 'Has the shift to... ... ...?' instead of 'How has... ... ...?" As otherwise, it sounds a little open-ended (like, 'how has' is already telling you that the MPP voting system has influence NZ democracy, but 'Has the' will allow you to explore factors both supporting the idea that it has changed and not while elaborating on both sides, maybe a little better than 'how has'). I'm not sure how much this makes sense but it's only a small change. I did my EPQ last year so I admittedly can't remember a lot about the requirements/specifications. With that said, I got an A on my EPQ (not bragging, promise) so if you needed any help feel free to DM.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (13)
26.53%
As I expected (14)
28.57%
Harder (19)
38.78%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.12%

Watched Threads