The Student Room Group

Opinions on the Depp vs. Heard trial

Volunteer Edit: This thread is a commentary on the trial of Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard. A separate thread with reaction to the verdict of this trial is here.

I've just watched the highlights of her ex-assistant's, Kate James, testimony, and there is no doubt in my mind that she was being vehemently honest. Never once did she see Depp physically hurt Heard in any way shape or form, be it physically or emotionally. She describes him as a 'gentleman' and 'passive'.

I also thought that the moment she discussed how her son and Depp interacted was touching and very telling.

“Judge a man not by how he treats his equals but by how he treats his inferiors” falls true here.

Heard is an evil, self-absorbed, conniving person who deserves the book thrown at her.

Thoughts?

If you're so inclined, here are the highlights:

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Gotta agree with you on there... cannot believe she's getting away with it, and going to star in aquaman 2, >:O
Reply 2
Original post by ZeeshanYousuf
Gotta agree with you on there... cannot believe she's getting away with it, and going to star in aquaman 2, >:O

She is?

Honestly, if she wins this, it proves that there exists a gender bias in the US Justice System - albeit most of us know that it exists.
Original post by Barbu
She is?

Honestly, if she wins this, it proves that there exists a gender bias in the US Justice System - albeit most of us know that it exists.

not sure about the gender bias, but agreed
(edited 2 years ago)
She most definitely is. If you've noticed at every trial she mirrors the outfit he wore the day before. It's that narcissistic hyper focused type of intimidation tactics she's using on him. Fortunately he rarely acknowledges her. Bet she's raging inside.
Possibly a narcissist or sociopath.
Not sure whether she's a liar or not.

I think that she and her appalling ex husband deserve each other.
Thank goodness they didn't have any children together.
Only real difference between the two of them is she's much smarter, more devious and far too calculating to ever brag publicly about a long acquaintance with "every kind of drugs" or make multiple claims that she/independent records cannot prove on the balance of probabilities.
Reply 6
Original post by londonmyst
Possibly a narcissist or sociopath.
Not sure whether she's a liar or not.

I think that she and her appalling ex husband deserve each other.
Thank goodness they didn't have any children together.
Only real difference between the two of them is she's much smarter, more devious and far too calculating to ever brag publicly about a long acquaintance with "every kind of drugs" or make multiple claims that she/independent records cannot prove on the balance of probabilities.

Her 'appalling' ex husband!?

You mean Johnny Depp?
Original post by Barbu
Her 'appalling' ex husband!?

You mean Johnny Depp?

:yep:
Reply 8
Both people are far from perfect, but Amber Heard definitely comes across as the worser of the two.
Reply 9
Original post by ZeeshanYousuf

"staring" in "aquaman" :facepalm2:

I've never heard of her until recently.
Reply 10
Original post by londonmyst
:yep:

And why do you think this?
Original post by Barbu
And why do you think this?

Probably because his history hasn't been great either. According to Hollywood directors and producers, he has been a nightmare to work with for over a decade. He dated Winona Ryder when she was 17 and he was 25, so an underaged girl basically. Abuses drugs often as well.
Reply 12
It just goes to show how male abuse is somehow, if not okay, then 'meh' as far as the public mind thinks. Extremely depressing really. Not least in allowing this revolting woman to actually get a base to slander him. As hes said, hes by no means perfect but the media spin in offensive.
Reply 13
Original post by wav3rid3r
Probably because his history hasn't been great either. According to Hollywood directors and producers, he has been a nightmare to work with for over a decade. He dated Winona Ryder when she was 17 and he was 25, so an underaged girl basically. Abuses drugs often as well.

He's been remarkably open about his alcohol and drugs abuse. He's also been open about the abuse he and his siblings went at the hands of his own mother, and issues concerning his father too.

None of his exes, or indeed his entourage, have said anything remotely negative about him - which can't be said about Heard.

Are we just going to negate his experiences because he was a heavy drinker and took drugs, and forget that Heard took a steaming **** on his bead, cut his finger, battered and manipulated him?

At least, it seems, he has a shred of accountability.

I for one can't wait for Heard to take the stand.
Original post by Barbu
He's been remarkably open about his alcohol and drugs abuse. He's also been open about the abuse he and his siblings went at the hands of his own mother, and issues concerning his father too.

None of his exes, or indeed his entourage, have said anything remotely negative about him - which can't be said about Heard.

Are we just going to negate his experiences because he was a heavy drinker and took drugs, and forget that Heard took a steaming **** on his bead, cut his finger, battered and manipulated him?

At least, it seems, he has a shred of accountability.

I for one can't wait for Heard to take the stand.

Nah, she definitely deserves what she gets but I was just answering on behalf of the other poster on why they could possibly think both people are toxic.
I watched highlights where she said she hid her bruises using a special kind if make up. Turns out that make up wasn't released until long after they had already divirced lol. What a liar.
Original post by wav3rid3r
Probably because his history hasn't been great either. According to Hollywood directors and producers, he has been a nightmare to work with for over a decade. He dated Winona Ryder when she was 17 and he was 25, so an underaged girl basically. Abuses drugs often as well

Practically everyone in their industry abuses drugs regularly
Surely after the "faecal matter" in the bed she will forever be known as Amber Turd 💩 😆
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 18
Original post by caravaggio2
Surely after the "faecal matter" in the bed she will forever be known as Amber Turd 💩 😆

I hope her career goes down the sh!tter too!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 19
Original post by caravaggio2
Practically everyone in their industry abuses drugs regularly

Hell, most industries, its human nature to feel good after all - hence the issue with them :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending