Is it possible to get a grade 3 in English Language when you failed English language

Watch this thread
Joeyash
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Let me know
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joeyash)
Is it possible to get a grade 3 in English Language when you failed English language
It's difficult to know where to start with this question.

What do you mean by "you failed English language"?

Most people consider grade 4 to be a pass, meaning that grade 3 would be a fail. Is that what you mean?

So you question is, "Is it possible to get a grade 3 when you get a grade 3?" Yes, it is.

Or perhaps you meant to ask a different question? Was one of those Languages supposed to a Literature? If so, the answer is still yes.
Joeyash
Rep:
Can I get a grade 3 on English Language when I failed English Language Paper 1 DataVenia
Last edited by Joeyash; 1 month ago
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Can I get a grade 3 on English Language when I failed English Language Paper 1 DataVenia
depends how badly you "failed" it but yes
DataVenia
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _gcx)
depends how badly you "failed" it but yes
Exactly.
Joeyash
Rep:
(Original post by DataVenia)
Exactly.
About if I got a 1 on English Language paper 1 and done good on language paper 2 will I be able to get a grade 3 DataVenia _gcx
Last edited by Joeyash; 1 month ago
DataVenia
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
About if I got a 1 on English Language paper 1 and done good on language paper 2 will I be able to get a grade 3 DataVenia _gcx
Yes, although "done good" is not the most precise phrase (or even grammatically correct, but let's not go there).

Assuming both papers are equally weighted (which they probably are; you haven't mentioned your exam board, so I can't check), they'll effectively use an average across the two papers.

So you could get 20% in paper 1 and 60% in paper 2, to achieve 40% overall.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (42)
32.31%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (60)
46.15%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
20.77%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.77%

Watched Threads