I just want friends

Watch this thread
Lucy
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i started college in 2021, with no friends. It’s near the end of the college year, but I’m still alone. I was able to make one friend, but in reality, im just her college friend so she isn’t alone in one class. I never get invited out, I just spend my free time at college alone in the library, and then my free time alone at home rotting away in my room. There’s so much I want to do, I wanna be able to do cute things in the sun with friends, be invited out to parties, have someone to text on nights. I just feel like the second option in everytbing
i dread summer because i will be alone, watching people around me making cool posts about tbeir eventful summer, but I’ll be doing nothing

I cant grasp why I simply cant make friends. I have autism and social anxiety, they’re definitely contributing factors, but to have spent 2019 onwards with no friends really sucks

will it be this way forever 🥲
Cloudster
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucy <3)
i started college in 2021, with no friends. It’s near the end of the college year, but I’m still alone. I was able to make one friend, but in reality, im just her college friend so she isn’t alone in one class. I never get invited out, I just spend my free time at college alone in the library, and then my free time alone at home rotting away in my room. There’s so much I want to do, I wanna be able to do cute things in the sun with friends, be invited out to parties, have someone to text on nights. I just feel like the second option in everytbing
i dread summer because i will be alone, watching people around me making cool posts about tbeir eventful summer, but I’ll be doing nothing

I cant grasp why I simply cant make friends. I have autism and social anxiety, they’re definitely contributing factors, but to have spent 2019 onwards with no friends really sucks

will it be this way forever 🥲
Is there clubs in your school or any school activities? Try making friends in your lesson or ask your current friend if she would want to go somewhere with you for lunch or after school.

You will definitely make friends even if it takes time!
Last edited by Sukn; 1 month ago
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Uni should be a lot better, make sure to join group chats and facebook groups to get in touch with ppl when the time comes.

College is lonely for some ppl, me included, its annoying and very hard with social anxiety, i can relate strongly

Just remember, u aint alone, ive been struggling for two years and im not in uni yet, its gonna take some patience

Good luck
lizzieswellness
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
We always go through that phase, but try interacting and making friends online and face-to-face from time to time. It's going to take some courage and patience, but you're not alone with this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (6)
42.86%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (7)
50%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (1)
7.14%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads