How to get a good grade in alevel maths

Watch this thread
HELPBISH
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
RE POSTING THREAD
B TO AN A* ???

I do alevel edexcel and yr13 whats the best way if possible. I do past papers and am very close like 6 marks away from an A thats why. And link any specific resources below.
Thanks in advance.

F.Y.I i do maths economics chem and im most stressed about maths because the next 3 days till monday im purely focusing on micor economics.
I havent revised, started at least, for stats and mechanics but I'm confident in stats only mechanics is my downfall and i don't know how to prep for that while I'm trying to focus more on to pure because it is 66% of my grade!!!
Qwasdz5
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I haven’t started applied either im lowkey so screwed ://
I do economics too, and after mon I think im gna try do at least a past parr of maths every day and extra revision kn the topics i get wrong like differential equations.

Do u know what the grades for an a are supposed to be like, I’ve heard they’re meant to be like the 2019 ones?
HELPBISH
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Lmao exactly the same an A is 55% overall and I won't lie I feel so shite cus I got a firm B but feel like C and applied how the hell are you supposed to squeeze it in?
I'm fine for econ. Chem I'm cramming Physicsandmaths and all the old spec past papers markschemes. I need atleast AAA for my course and an A for maths thats the requirement an A in maths even with contextual ffs
Qwasdz5
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HELPBISH)
Lmao exactly the same an A is 55% overall and I won't lie I feel so shite cus I got a firm B but feel like C and applied how the hell are you supposed to squeeze it in?
I'm fine for econ. Chem I'm cramming Physicsandmaths and all the old spec past papers markschemes. I need atleast AAA for my course and an A for maths thats the requirement an A in maths even with contextual ffs
Bro same I need to get a*aa 🥲🥲
I tried some madas papers the other day and it was so so difficult 😣
also for eco how much extra application / reference have u learnt for the 25 markers?
Belgianwaffle38
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah it's true applied is some of the most difficult stuff yet it only takes up a third of your grade - hard to choose what to revise.
ScoutLeopard
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i would say print off the advanced information and work off of that to make sure that you've really got those topics down as those will be the major bits.
HELPBISH
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Qwasdz5)
Bro same I need to get a*aa 🥲🥲
I tried some madas papers the other day and it was so so difficult 😣
also for eco how much extra application / reference have u learnt for the 25 markers?
Lmao haven't done them only planning on doing alevel papers tbh.
25 context I would say what I'm doing for sunday is going through each topic on advanced info and just making some notes/ memorise such as examples of contestable markets with tech e.g. amazon/ebay e.t.c
use econplusdals video to know what to fully go over.
and go through old spec questions from pp and then any question i feel like has potential ill make plans on because they won't ask you anything new its that with some recent conetext.
today I'm just going through all the content one last time nail it so no errors in that do a past paper and do essay plans. Tomorrow just for context and working on the points dal has said to focus on. His twitter is rly useful as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (10)
37.04%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (9)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
7.41%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
3.7%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (1)
3.7%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
11.11%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
3.7%

Watched Threads