The Student Room Group

A level revision

I'm studying biology,chemistry and maths and was wondering if it's better to do for example proteins, transition metals and proof in one day or to do mixed questions in the subjects. I feel like when I do one topic a day I rember it really well but then feel like I might forget it but I'm concerned if I do mixed questions that I won't cover all the topics in as much detail as I would like
Any help would be much appreciated
chem no point learning. understand from yt like use machemguy or allery and then just do topic tests on it like TM in chem is memorisation cus of the colours and stuff so ist gonna help u memorise. I won't lie its the markscheme you wanna memorise for bio and chem
and maths I won't lie no point focusing on proof I'm not near the end maybe the night before, i would say do the ones with the greatest marks because proof is only 2-4 marks max till ik. where as integration is 25% of the paper
Original post by HELPBISH
chem no point learning. understand from yt like use machemguy or allery and then just do topic tests on it like TM in chem is memorisation cus of the colours and stuff so ist gonna help u memorise. I won't lie its the markscheme you wanna memorise for bio and chem
and maths I won't lie no point focusing on proof I'm not near the end maybe the night before, i would say do the ones with the greatest marks because proof is only 2-4 marks max till ik. where as integration is 25% of the paper

I just meant those as an example as they were the first topics that I thought of. I didn't specifically mean those one
Thanks anyway
Reply 3
Original post by Jess_Lomas
I'm studying biology,chemistry and maths and was wondering if it's better to do for example proteins, transition metals and proof in one day or to do mixed questions in the subjects. I feel like when I do one topic a day I rember it really well but then feel like I might forget it but I'm concerned if I do mixed questions that I won't cover all the topics in as much detail as I would like
Any help would be much appreciated

what i have found helpful in literally moving me from Cs and Ds to more high Bs/A and most recently A* is defo doing topic questions on Physics and Maths Tutor, starting with the topics that you find hardest. and then mark the questions straight away on the mark scheme or even as you go along. and then you can see where the 'gaps' in your knowledge are and then maybe just go back over that content. then just keep doing it.

i used to just make notes on the content but that wasnt getting me anywhere and then when i got a chem tutor cause i was doing so bad he was like you should be doing loads and loads of past questions and just keep on practising, and you will see such better progess and doing better. IT WORKS!!!

good luck :smile:
Original post by H654
what i have found helpful in literally moving me from Cs and Ds to more high Bs/A and most recently A* is defo doing topic questions on Physics and Maths Tutor, starting with the topics that you find hardest. and then mark the questions straight away on the mark scheme or even as you go along. and then you can see where the 'gaps' in your knowledge are and then maybe just go back over that content. then just keep doing it.

i used to just make notes on the content but that wasnt getting me anywhere and then when i got a chem tutor cause i was doing so bad he was like you should be doing loads and loads of past questions and just keep on practising, and you will see such better progess and doing better. IT WORKS!!!

good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest