The Student Room Group

Edexcel gcse maths paper 1

Apparently maths paper 1 for gcse by Edexcel has been leaked.
Is this true?
And if it is, does anyone know whats going to happen?
I'm worried this will affect my grade
I think it has been but edexcel have said no resits
Original post by Student Ruby
Is this true?

There are definitely fraudsters out there trying to scam money from students by claiming they can supply exam papers. These thieves operate every year.
There are rumors about exam leaks every year, they spread like a virus over social media, They are usually untrue.
If there is any credible evidence of a leak then it will be investigated and action taken but such things are not resolved overnight.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/about-us/news-and-media.news.html?article=%2Fcontent%2Fdemo%2Fen%2Fnews-policy%2Fpress-releases%2F2022%2Fstatement-regarding-pearson-edexcel-gcse-maths-paper-1ma1
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Student Ruby
Is this true?

An official statement is yet to be made by Edexcel as they are still conducting the investigation. From what it seems like, around 6AM yesterday, someone posted a picture of the final question in the higher paper and asked for help in working it out and said they received it from a "friend".

It was deleted shortly after I believe (not too sure) and the server moderators contacted Edexcel who have been investigating since yesterday morning.

It is worrying seeing as someone had the full paper but from what it seems, the full paper was not leaked.

There is rumours going round of Edexcel already disqualifying 5 students and there is actually an email a school received from Edexcel (cannot say if its legitimate or not) where Edexcel do in fact say they have disqualified a number of students and a further 30 students are under investigation for their involvement.

A resit seems very unlikely seeing as it was only one question

Quick Reply

Latest