Turn on thread page Beta

Everything happens for a reason - true or false?? watch

• View Poll Results: "Everything happens for a reason" - agree or disagree?
    Agree
    54.97%
    Disagree
    45.03%

ReputationRep:
    Everything happens because of something else, but that doesn't mean they have reason. It's just a set of dominoes: one thing brings another into existence. Reason? None.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel's girl)
    Definately belive this u just have to wait to see the bigger picture in the long run. Basically u gotta experience the bad times in order to appreciate the good etc.
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    I HATE this phrase. Sometimes bad things happen without any good reason - it pisses me off when people say this, and the fact so many people believe it baffles me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I personally believe everything happens for a reason. I have come through a lot of crap in life and, yes, it's not fair, but it's made me a stronger person overall and I've met some wonderful people who have helped me through some tough times.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdasta)
    I HATE this phrase. Sometimes bad things happen without any good reason - it pisses me off when people say this, and the fact so many people believe it baffles me.
    Hahahhaa, dude your signature is the shizz.

But yeah, :ditto: to what you said!

ReputationRep:
    So are you saying that there is a reason that say someone got killed in an accident?
    No... so everything doesn't happen for a reason at all.

ReputationRep:
    agreed liliesha.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.