Secrecy in Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde

Watch this thread
Astudd
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey I’m currently doing GCSEs and have no clue what I wld answer if the question is on secrecy - any ideas or essays wld b much appreciated!
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Tell us more. Make some brief summary notes. Pay close and careful attention to the type of questions as well. Note the total number of marks that are given out for the exam question as well.
tahildacanter
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The main event of secrecy is how Dr Jekyll hides Mr Hyde. Victorian gentlemen had to live alongside the "Victorian compromise" where any vulgar acts such as getting drunk, alcohol, visitng prostitutes voilently depleted your reputation - Mr Hyde is a way Dr Jekyll can enjoy these things while continuously living a life of luxury. A good subject to discuss relating to this point is nomenclature (Hyde = hide, Jekyll = I kill)

Second point is the door that Utterson stalks in chapter 2. Doors can represent secrecy because you do not know what is going on behind them, such as how the outside of Mr Hyde's house looks awful but the inside is luxurious. A quote relating to this point would be “If he be Mr. Hyde" he had thought, "I shall be Mr. Seek.”
Astudd
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tahildacanter)
the main event of secrecy is how dr jekyll hides mr hyde. Victorian gentlemen had to live alongside the "victorian compromise" where any vulgar acts such as getting drunk, alcohol, visitng prostitutes voilently depleted your reputation - mr hyde is a way dr jekyll can enjoy these things while continuously living a life of luxury. A good subject to discuss relating to this point is nomenclature (hyde = hide, jekyll = i kill)

second point is the door that utterson stalks in chapter 2. Doors can represent secrecy because you do not know what is going on behind them, such as how the outside of mr hyde's house looks awful but the inside is luxurious. A quote relating to this point would be “if he be mr. Hyde" he had thought, "i shall be mr. Seek.”
thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads