Is it disrespectful to have a casual conversation with people at a Funeral?

Watch this thread
Memebigboy._
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to categorise this as "relationship" because I have a romantic attribute and for future preferences want to be aware of this whenever I am surrounded by someone I am interested in.
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Memebigboy._)
I want to categorise this as "relationship" because I have a romantic attribute and for future preferences want to be aware of this whenever I am surrounded by someone I am interested in.
It's definitely disrespectful to do that before or during the actual ceremony, or the burial / crenation... but at the wake afterwards, people are generally a bit more sociable, and the mood can be a bit lighter.

Personally, I think it would depend on how close the person of interest was to the deceased and how well I knew them... if it were me, I wouldn't hit on them there and then, but it MIGHT be OK to drop hints etc that I'm interested, and maybe get some contact details and pursue them afterwards.
lizzieswellness
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, I think it actually depends on whom you're talking to.
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, as long as you dont do it at the wrong time or near the wrong ppl
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (14)
28%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (21)
42%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
8%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
12%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2%

Watched Threads