University advice

Watch this thread
Lone Wolf/ alpha
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've received an offer from Kings College London for International Relations and Politics and they have offered me the contextual offer of AAB. However, due to family issues at home and the death of a few family members this year my ability to study has been very interrupted. I've just started sitting my A level exams now but I was wondering if anyone knows whether KCL would still accept me if I achieved A*AC OR AAC in my A levels or would I just get rejected because I have not met the contextual offer? Any ideas?? I would really appreciate it Sorry for the dumb question guys
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It would ultimately be at their discretion - they may or may not take you on as a near miss. If you do miss your offer on results day, ring them first thing and ask if they will consider you as a near miss.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lone Wolf/ alpha)
due to family issues at home and the death of a few family members this year my ability to study has been very interrupted.
Have you or your school told them about this?
If the Uni knows about any mitigating circumstances like this they can aften take this into account in August if you do miss your grades. For KCL see - https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...ssions-process
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
30.97%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (67)
43.23%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (38)
24.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.29%

Watched Threads