Studying abroad while using student finance

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there,

Would it be an issue with the student finance if I was abroad for a while (up to a year) while studying at Open University? I currently use student finance to cover my tuition fees only. I have a UK address and I will have but I am planning to spent most of the year abroad.

Has anyone had similar experience to share?

Thanks
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
No it shouldn't be, but you should call them and ask on 0300 100 0607
Nerol
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there,

Would it be an issue with the student finance if I was abroad for a while (up to a year) while studying at Open University? I currently use student finance to cover my tuition fees only. I have a UK address and I will have but I am planning to spent most of the year abroad.

Has anyone had similar experience to share?

Thanks
I did this - spent a lot of time working in China while I was studying. As I had a UK address and was in the UK when I applied for student finance, I simply didn't tell SFE I was working abroad at times. Finished my degree, came back to the UK, working here now and started paying back my student loan. The Open University also say their courses are only available in certain countries (China wasn't one of them - maybe it is now, I don't know), so I didn't tell them either. It all worked out OK, though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (3)
37.5%
As I expected (2)
25%
Harder (2)
25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
12.5%

Watched Threads