The Student Room Group

a level choices

ik this is the worst time to be deciding what to do at a level when i should be revising for gcses but i just wanted some advice on what to pick!!!

option 1:
Maths
further maths
physics
fine art

option 2:
maths
further maths
bio
chem

to anyone who's doing as/a level physics, do u guys do astrophysicsssss???

also how is fine art, is it really that hard because I might go into art history and do art restoration
Reply 1
Hi my board is Pearson Edexcel. My current subjects in A levels is Chem Bio Phy in as it was these three and maths. Astro physics is taught in a levels 13th portion. All i know about art for year 12 is that its very taxing and time consuming. Most of my friends who took Art regretted it. However, do consider your choices and speak to professionals such as counsellors. Don't go with advices that we provide as maybe one particular subject was easier for someone but may not be for you. Eg im great at maths whereas you are better in physics. Just because many people suggested maths dont opt for it. Sit down see your uni requirements and proceed. Physics isnt as easy as it sounds. Really sorry if this wasnt the type of advice you were looking for. Wishing you all the best.

Ps: for pearson edexcel the physics textbook is very thin and doesnt have too much info. You may have to depend alot on your teachers. If they teach well great. If not then you are on your own.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Arkcano
Hi my board is Pearson Edexcel. My current subjects in A levels is Chem Bio Phy in as it was these three and maths. Astro physics is taught in a levels 13th portion. All i know about art for year 12 is that its very taxing and time consuming. Most of my friends who took Art regretted it. However, do consider your choices and speak to professionals such as counsellors. Don't go with advices that we provide as maybe one particular subject was easier for someone but may not be for you. Eg im great at maths whereas you are better in physics. Just because many people suggested maths dont opt for it. Sit down see your uni requirements and proceed. Physics isnt as easy as it sounds. Really sorry if this wasnt the type of advice you were looking for. Wishing you all the best.

Ps for pearson edexcel the physics textbook is very thing and doesnt have too much info. You may have to depend alot on your teachers. If they teach well great. If not then you are on your own.

This is EXACTLY the advice I wanted, I didn't wan it sugar coated. Thankyou, P.S i really enjoy maths so I feel I'd be good at it but you're right about art, it is infact time consuming!
Reply 4
Original post by Icantspeaksmart
This is EXACTLY the advice I wanted, I didn't wan it sugar coated. Thankyou, P.S i really enjoy maths so I feel I'd be good at it but you're right about art, it is infact time consuming!

Glad i could help. Wishing you all the very best for your gcse exams. Ive got my a level boards in 3 days. If you need any other help from me, feel free to send a private message. I'll respond on 16th June.

Quick Reply

Latest