Full-ride scholarship for Paris 2 university or Bristol Law?

Watch this thread
IBCookies
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got into Bristol law with a 38 conditional offer for ib points. But I also got a full-ride scholarship in dubai for a prestigious French university Paris 2 - meaning my education is paid for three years. But the campus would be in dubai and it’s very new. What would be a better option to pick?
Gmaster1980
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Flibbler)
Dubai is just more extreme than people often realise. According to Wikipedia (which is very reliable these days and cites all its sources) these are the possible penalties for being gay in Dubai:

Death, life in prison, floggings, fines, deportation, chemical castration, forced psychological treatments, honour killings, vigilante executions, beatings, forced anal examinations, forced hormone injections, and torture.

Even if you’re not LGBT+, something to consider.
Op is already living in Dubai
username5706823
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you want to work in the UK- go with Bristol.
IBCookies
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Gmaster1980)
Op is already living in Dubai
Yeah I’m already in Dubai, there’s a lot of misconceptions placed upon the Middle East in general.
IBCookies
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by username5706823)
If you want to work in the UK- go with Bristol.
I’m looking to study a masters in America.. what do you think would seem better on my application, a scholarship from Paris 2 or Bristol for law?
Gmaster1980
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by IBCookies)
I’m looking to study a masters in America.. what do you think would seem better on my application, a scholarship from Paris 2 or Bristol for law?
Neither is going to hold much weight in the US.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (14)
25%
As I expected (16)
28.57%
Harder (23)
41.07%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed