Do you tell your mother you love her?

Watch this thread
kolme
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
It's something I'm relearning to do. I kinda "grew out of it" and stopped at some point but now I started doing it again, though only over text because I'm too awkward to talk about feelings in person. I realised that for the amount of stuff she goes through for me I really am an ******* sometimes, and those simple "I love yous" really surprise her and make her day. I wonder if y'all do it at your age.

(I'm only really asking people who have non-toxic relationships with their mums)
rebelw
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
we've kinda never said it in our family, but we show it
Sometimes you don't have to say it, it's just pop culture that places so much emphasis on the exact words and 'being able to say I love you'. I feel it's more meaningful when my parents say they're proud of me, and I tell them the same lol
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
you dont need to say it to prove it
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
No.
booklover1313
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I say it every day... like when going out, I would say 'bye, love you' or when I say goodnight.
Starlow
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Just so you know; as a mother, it's one of the nicest things for me to hear and I tell my children I love them all of the time
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes every day.
Same for my kids, and they tell me all the time.

My husband and his mother very rarely did though. He rarely tells the kids he loves them, although they tell him they love him all the time, which is quite sad if you ask me.
CreamOfYourCrop
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kolme)
It's something I'm relearning to do. I kinda "grew out of it" and stopped at some point but now I started doing it again, though only over text because I'm too awkward to talk about feelings in person. I realised that for the amount of stuff she goes through for me I really am an ******* sometimes, and those simple "I love yous" really surprise her and make her day. I wonder if y'all do it at your age.

(I'm only really asking people who have non-toxic relationships with their mums)
No . .

Clarification she’s my step mum.
Last edited by CreamOfYourCrop; 4 weeks ago
briggitte donla
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kolme)

this is so important questions and the answer is that every time i want to say to her i love you it's very hard i don't know why
maybe i feel a little shy or i don't know what is the feeling really
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't have to say it, I show it. I have done more for my mum than any of my siblings have done (although they all do their bit).
Remonda
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I say it every day and I try to show it and prove it
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
No
Instead I prefer to help her to bake cakes, talk to her about what she loves. I also smile at her every day.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I routinely tell my immediate family and my closest mates. I don't know what is to be gained from this 'don't say, do' approach. Words are important.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
yes, sometimes. Typically, if she says it first but it's not something me or my mum care about that much. not that it isn't nice but not nice to a degree that it has much impact on my life whether it's said or not. it's just words for me, actions are just more meaningful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
36%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (8)
32%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
8%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
4%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (1)
4%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
12%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
4%

Watched Threads