The Student Room Group

I ate 7 days old bread

So i made the dumb mistake of eating bread that expired 7 days ago, and now i feel sick. (kicking myself rn)
Any suggestion of what i should do?
If you just ate it, maybe try throwing it up? If not, you'll likely get food poisoning.
Original post by Anonymous
So i made the dumb mistake of eating bread that expired 7 days ago, and now i feel sick. (kicking myself rn)

Did it have mould or something on it? If no you'll probably be fine...
If you feel very unwell call 111 or go to A&E.

Unless it was mouldy though it's more likely it'd just be unpleasantly stale, than to make you sick.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous

According to “sell by” dates, bread is good for three to five days after opening, but it can actually be consumed much longer after that as long as there is no mold growth. You can usually see fuzzy, green spots on the surface of bread, so it's easy to tell when it's time to toss.

Risks of eating expired bread...
Some molds produce mycotoxins, which are poisons that can be dangerous to eat or inhale. Mycotoxins may spread through an entire loaf, which is why you should throw out the whole loaf if you see mold . Mycotoxins can upset your stomach and cause digestive problems - in other words you'll get a upset stomach for a few days or so.

Quick Reply

Latest