Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rate your school out of 10 Watch

• View Poll Results: Rate your school (state only)
    10- I love it, I prefer being at school than at home
    6.49%
    9- Its fantastic, I feel really at home, and if I got the oppurtunity to go to a private school I would not take it
    17.53%
    8- Its great, but of course has some room for improvement
    22.08%
    7- its ok, has lots of good things about it, but others let it down
    18.83%
    6- meh.
    9.09%
    5- neither good nor bad
    2.60%
    4- below expectation
    5.84%
    3- pretty bad
    11.69%
    2- poor
    1.95%
    1- CRAP!!!!!!
    1.30%
    0- This school will traumatize me for the rest of my life. I will have flashbacks of my time here.
    2.60%

ReputationRep:
    Rate your school out of 10 (obviously don't post where you are :P ) and say why! I will add mine in a bit (teas nearly ready :P )

ReputationRep:
    I would give mine 9.

EDIT: Even though I'm at a private school, which technically makes option 9 invalid.

ReputationRep:
    My American high school was a 0/10. Because.. it was an American high school.

ReputationRep:
    10 it's just been rebuilt and is amazing and clean!

ReputationRep:
    OMG, such a bad school, with such bad grade statistics... (when I was in years 7-11 anyway)

2/10

Most teachers are nice though

They've changed the curriculum a bit now so its probably like a 3 or 4
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    My school was like 2/10. I hated going, and it had such a poor track record.

College, on the other hand... 9/10. A lovely place, I learn so much more. Students are actually appreciated, too.

ReputationRep:
    I love my school because:

• The teachers are great + and treat you as a equal
    • I am doing subjects I love
    • I have no real experience of bullying here unlike my old school, only gentle banter!
    • They give me enough support
    • We are a paperless sixthform
    • Frees!
    • Our own cafe
    • A real big libary
    • Up-to-date IT equiptment
    • You are given office, macromedia student, pro desktop, 2d design- FREE!
    • The people here are lovely
    • Lots of extra ciricular activities
    • Enrichment programme
    • NO PE!
    • No uniform!
    • Small classes (my IT class has 4 people in, including me!), which are smaller than my friends private school!
    • Everything..

ReputationRep:
    But then again, I went back to my school's 6th form so I get more advantages then the lower school :P

ReputationRep:
    7 to 7 and a half, it gets for good grades GCSEs and A Levels and there are some very good teachers but there are plenty of problems such as some crap teaching and discipline when I was in the main school and at time and the facilities are only just above average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda)
    My American high school was a 0/10. Because.. it was an American high school.
    Yeah...but you guys get cheerleaders :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I love my school soo much.

It is fun, the teachers are great and care abaout us more than exam statistics. There are so many oppourtunities available to us and the subjects are great.

Above all of that it has taught me to be independant, improved my confidence massivly, and has matured me.

ReputationRep:
    grades wise my school is 10 it's always first in the league tables but i don't like the atmosphere anywhere. so i'd give it a ten and a 0(:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Yeah...but you guys get cheerleaders :awesome:
    LOL, I was a cheerleader. :o:

ReputationRep:
    7 - Nice new building, good results for a state school (last year was 75% A*-C pass rate), some excellent teachers, some really nice people.

However: Some very poor teachers, and canteen/common room is too small.

ReputationRep:
    I fail to see how any school with a group of girls wearing skimpy uniforms can be classed as bad.

Then again, I am a guy, and according to most, we think with our downstairs dept most of the time, so make of that what you will :o:

ReputationRep:
    Are american school really like *****y and exactly as portrayed on tv. Eg the cheerleaders and jocks, emos, nerds etc....

Also my school is very crap. According to league tables bottom 20 in the country!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kam_007)
    Are american school really like *****y and exactly as portrayed on tv. Eg the cheerleaders and jocks, emos, nerds etc....

Also my school is very crap. According to league tables bottom 20 in the country!!

my cousins say it isn't except for the *****iness but that maybe because of their school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    I fail to see how any school with a group of girls wearing skimpy uniforms can be classed as bad.

Then again, I am a guy, and according to most, we think with our downstairs dept most of the time, so make of that what you will :o:
    Cheerleaders and (American :p: ) football players are such a waste of time. I wish I hadn't even gotten involved with it.. should have hung out with the goth crowd or something more interesting. :rolleyes: Probably less drama involved.

ReputationRep:
    It was pretty terrible yeah! I think the teachers were all right and I got on with most of them, but but there were too many teachers for the numbers of kids, and there were too many chavs, didn't help that the school itself was pretty ****. So while I'd rate it a 6, the best thing I can save for it is nowhere else really comes as a shock now

ReputationRep:
    which one, i've been to 3:o:

the current one as a whole: 4

science dept: 6

(it's a science college)

I think it's the chavvy students that make it crap. I love it personally. just not the kids, which obviously kind of dampens my ''love'' for it as the kids make up for the majority of it. i'd say the school, as a whole, is about 85% chavs and 15% normal, want to succeed people, (not forgetting the teachers which count for that really low 15%:s:)but i guess i like it because i know the teachers are always helpful and there for you. but yeah the chavvy kids make it intolerable sometimes. however most of my classes, now, finally, in a level year are hard working, unlike gcse..gahh bad memories. however that said there still are some numpties left. luckily they're doing things like btecs or non respected a levels..which they deserve tbh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.