The person in charge of my accommodation is creeping me out

Watch this thread
username5416770
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, sorry if I have this at the wrong place.

I’m an 18 year old female who’s applied to go university this year. I am really excited however ever since my induction day I’ve been very uncomfortable with the accommodation team.

As I was touring the guy showing me the room (aged 22 as I remember) was full on checking me out, to the point where my mother noticed and warned me about him.

This happened AGAIN a week later as I went to visit this accommodation place again but with my father, he was checking me out again and said “I remember you well” in a weird tone.

Today I had to submit my ID in, and I received an email saying “as gorgeous as your photo is I cannot accept it” which honestly freaked me out. I realised that it was the same person who toured me, he works for the accommodation yikes.

I don’t know what to do. I honestly feel so uncomfortable going there but I really like the place. Would you guys consider this to be weird behaviour, or is it my anxiety playing up and making me think there’s something wrong with this?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
If your parents have noticed it’s weird. And the email that’s really unprofessional. Maybe speak to a team member? Or if you have time find another place.
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by username5416770)
Hi, sorry if I have this at the wrong place.

I’m an 18 year old female who’s applied to go university this year. I am really excited however ever since my induction day I’ve been very uncomfortable with the accommodation team.

As I was touring the guy showing me the room (aged 22 as I remember) was full on checking me out, to the point where my mother noticed and warned me about him.

This happened AGAIN a week later as I went to visit this accommodation place again but with my father, he was checking me out again and said “I remember you well” in a weird tone.

Today I had to submit my ID in, and I received an email saying “as gorgeous as your photo is I cannot accept it” which honestly freaked me out. I realised that it was the same person who toured me, he works for the accommodation yikes.

I don’t know what to do. I honestly feel so uncomfortable going there but I really like the place. Would you guys consider this to be weird behaviour, or is it my anxiety playing up and making me think there’s something wrong with this?
Hello,

I'm really sorry you've had to experience this! You are 100% right; not only is it weird as you've said, it's inappropriate and extremely unprofessional.

If you feel confident enough, you should definitely report it to both your university and the accommodation company so they are both aware, and you can discuss options moving forward. If you don't feel confident, you could ask one of your parent's to report it on your behalf.

Either way, I believe reporting it is probably the best option - you should feel safe and comfortable both at university and your accommodation, and no-one, especially an employee, has the right to take that away from you.

All the best.
- Rebecca, 3rd Year Psychology Student
sushim4nia
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
report him
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.25%
As I expected (24)
30%
Harder (30)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise