Anyone planning on taking a gap year next year? ( 2023-2024)

Watch this thread
Mayfield101
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just wondering if anyone was planning on a gap year, if so why/what were you planning to do?
R4V
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mayfield101)
Just wondering if anyone was planning on a gap year, if so why/what were you planning to do?
Yep I’m taking a gap year because I don’t like any of the unis I’ve chosen and the ones I want to apply to are too competitive to have places open for clearing.
Reapplying next year having received my grades and then I can pick out unis.

For the gap year I’ve got really no idea what I want to do. I do have a bucket list of which I want to tick some stuff off: go to a concert, learn to drive, go clubbing e.c. But mainly I want to travel. I’m considering joining an agency for a couple months travel around the world. Also gain some relevant work experience, join some clubs/society’s and raise money for mental awareness then go skydiving.

Basically work for a month, go on holiday and repeat but gain vital knowledge and experience that will set me apart.

Wbu
Mayfield101
Rep:
(Original post by R4V)
Yep I’m taking a gap year because I don’t like any of the unis I’ve chosen and the ones I want to apply to are too competitive to have places open for clearing.
Reapplying next year having received my grades and then I can pick out unis.

For the gap year I’ve got really no idea what I want to do. I do have a bucket list of which I want to tick some stuff off: go to a concert, learn to drive, go clubbing e.c. But mainly I want to travel. I’m considering joining an agency for a couple months travel around the world. Also gain some relevant work experience, join some clubs/society’s and raise money for mental awareness then go skydiving.

Basically work for a month, go on holiday and repeat but gain vital knowledge and experience that will set me apart.

Wbu
Hi, thanks for the reply!

That sounds amazing, I was thinking of doing something similar tbh. I was thinking about doing a deferred entry, purely because I have always wanted to travel and gain some practical experience and it seems like a good idea to take the chance while I can. I wanted to try and get some experience as well like you mentioned. btw the concert idea and skydiving sounds really cool!

What course are you thinking of applying to, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks again for the reply, glad to know other people are planning similar stuff, as no one else in my school wants to do a gap year.
R4V
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, thanks for the reply!

That sounds amazing, I was thinking of doing something similar tbh. I was thinking about doing a deferred entry, purely because I have always wanted to travel and gain some practical experience and it seems like a good idea to take the chance while I can. I wanted to try and get some experience as well like you mentioned. btw the concert idea and skydiving sounds really cool!

What course are you thinking of applying to, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks again for the reply, glad to know other people are planning similar stuff, as no one else in my school wants to do a gap year.
Yeh exactly travel & practical experience would be so good. Especially since now it’s still sort of affordable but after uni I really doubt it… not to mention after uni you begin the 9-5 working life.

I’m thinking of applying for marketing. What about you.

And same here honestly nobody I know is doing a gap year and I’m worried I’ll be all alone. Maybe we could get to know eachother and perhaps plan some stuff?
Mayfield101
Rep:
(Original post by R4V)
Yeh exactly travel & practical experience would be so good. Especially since now it’s still sort of affordable but after uni I really doubt it… not to mention after uni you begin the 9-5 working life.

I’m thinking of applying for marketing. What about you.

And same here honestly nobody I know is doing a gap year and I’m worried I’ll be all alone. Maybe we could get to know eachother and perhaps plan some stuff?
I'm thinking of applying for Marine Biology but still deciding. Yh sure, sounds good, it would be kl to share ideas about gap year plans.
R4V
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm thinking of applying for Marine Biology but still deciding. Yh sure, sounds good, it would be kl to share ideas about gap year plans.
Where are u thinking of applying?
Mayfield101
Rep:
Not sure, probs somewhere near the coast or close to the sea.
R4V
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Not sure, probs somewhere near the coast or close to the sea.
I live on the coast
Mayfield101
Rep:
Oh cool! I always wished I lived on the coast, it seems so relaxing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (37)
34.58%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (48)
44.86%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (21)
19.63%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.93%

Watched Threads