Framed by the system… HELP!

Watch this thread
readyamzfire
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey folks,

So this is a weird one. To start from the beginning I applied to university and after a successful interview, am in on a conditional offer. The offer means that I need to supply a reference and all of my academic documents.
Unfortunately, i’m kind of old (30) and no longer have gcse results to hand. This has led to an extensive search for them. This is where it gets COMPLICATED. Take a seat. Comfy?

I took my gcses twice because I was in hospital with failing organs. yup. (I failed everything the first time, see there’s a trend going on.) After extenuating circumstances were put into play I was allowed to resit and the second time, I got pretty good grades because I wasn’t horrifically ill. I didn’t take any of these exams at school so my school has no record of them. I don’t know the awarding body anymore because i’m old. There is no way for me to get copies of those grades without checking every damned database there is and paying out my life savings and starving to death before I even make it through the uni doors.

Except now the uni has found the bad grades because i’ve failed to produce the good ones because I can’t get them and thinks i’m a lying dirtbag.

My uni life is a soap opera before i’ve began, and I didn’t even lie. I’ve just had a weird life…
How on earth am I going to explain this craziness?

“Oh those are my near death results, you want my ‘i’m ok now’ results?’

Please help me… Dear god.
Memebigboy._
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Do you remember when you took your second set of GCSES roughly?
Match that day to your bank statement or travel records with TFL. You may manage to find where you sat your exams.
readyamzfire
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Memebigboy._)
Do you remember when you took your second set of GCSES roughly?
Match that day to your bank statement or travel records with TFL. You may manage to find where you sat your exams.
It was 13ish years ago, about 6 months after my original exams. Wow, can you go back that far with bank statements?
This is a great idea, but I don’t know the exact day, would the year do?
Thankyou!
Memebigboy._
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by readyamzfire)
It was 13ish years ago, about 6 months after my original exams. Wow, can you go back that far with bank statements?
This is a great idea, but I don’t know the exact day, would the year do?
Thankyou!
Yes. You can contact them. Santander do.
readyamzfire
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thanks, I managed to trace the date and found out with some major digging where I sat the exams and then… the awarding body! All sorted and secured my place at university! Nightmare over!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (13)
25%
As I expected (14)
26.92%
Harder (22)
42.31%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.77%

Watched Threads